Partnership Strategy Manager
New Orleans PelicansMetairie, LA
Full Time Job
The New Orleans Pelicans and New Orleans Saints Corporate Partnerships department embraces a consultative approach to partnership sales & management. The Manager of Partnership Strategy is responsible for helping to elevate our business and cementing the Pelicans & Saints as the number one marketing vehicle in professional sports. A successful candidate will have a deep understanding of brand marketing, ability to think creatively & strategically, and a passion for corporate partnerships. The Manager of Partnership Strategy works closely with other members of the department throughout the sales process for both prospects & current partners and helps to achieve brand goals through the development of integrated marketing platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Manager of Partnership Strategy will have responsibility, as a member of the Corporate Partnership Strategy team, to help increase overall sponsorship revenue for the franchise, reporting to the Sr. Director of Strategy & Partnership Development. As such, key responsibilities for this role can be focused into 4 main pillars.
• Business Development Support – The Strategy team's key role is to collaborate with both Partnership Sales & Partnership Marketing in the ideation, research, and storytelling of, new, prospective, and existing partners. Key responsibilities include: participation in brainstorms, building presentations rooted in insight-driven storytelling, and connecting with key brands within and outside our partner portfolio to drive growth. This individual will not be expected to cold call, rather he or she will be expected to build the partnership business case for new partner prospects as well as current partners (for upsells/renewals).
• Market Development Strategy – Working with the Corporate Partnerships team, we will build greater connectivity to the market by engaging agencies & other properties to share best practices and discuss our process & strategic approach to ideation and partnership development. We will also lead the strategy with renewals of key partnership categories as well as growing current partner commitment.
• Innovation & Strategic Vision – The Strategy team will work to develop tools & initiatives to help showcase the power of our brands and teams. We will do this by leveraging insights from our vendors to build compelling partnership value propositions and by proactively creating case studies to engage existing & potential partners.
• Strategic Projects – As a Strategy team, we will lead the process for building a plan to help maximize revenue & engagement for key categories and jewel inventory. Examples include naming rights, Pelicans jersey patch, casino/sports betting, etc.
Additional duties & responsibilities include:
• Game /Event Attendance Requirements: The Manager of Partnership Strategy will be required to attend team events/home games and potentially events in other markets as needed by the Corporate Partnerships team.
• Teamwork: Work closely with other team members on the Corporate Partnerships team to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
• Organizational Goals: Assist and support the cross organizational goals of the other departments – season ticket sales, marketing, community investment, etc. -- to ensure that their programs and strategic plans are being incorporated into the proposals of our corporate partners and prospects.
• Professional Conduct: Strive to ensure that all elements of our agreements are delivered in a first class manner in accordance with the philosophy of the franchise and within the provisions of the contractual obligations of the organization.
• Franchise Mission Statement: Support the franchise mission statement, vision and values by exhibiting excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, empowerment of others, commitment to our community outreach programs, accountability and ownership of work.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• College degree required; MBA preferred
• 5-7 years of brand, sports agency and/or sports team experience, specifically related to marketing, corporate partnerships and sales
• Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and written
• Strong interpersonal skills are required and the ability to work independently is a must
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities and projects while working with many categories of clients
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Performs any other duties as assigned by the Sr. Director and Executive Director of Corporate Partnerships
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?