Visual Communications Manager, Korean Originals
Full Time Job
Do you love entertainment? Are you an avid fan of TV series, film and documentaries? Does going behind-the-scenes of an action-packed stunt sequence get your adrenaline going? Are you unapologetically guilty of flipping through your favorite entertainment magazine captivated by the photos?
The Visual Communications Manager, Korean Originals will lead strategic publicity campaigns, driven by creative materials -- photography, featurettes, clips, etc. They will be a member of a small, seasoned group of professionals based in the company's Seoul office, working across a range of titles produced by Netflix around the world including our upcoming slate of Korean original series and films.
The role requires a high level of creativity, an inquisitive, innovative personality and a strong project management background. The Visual Communications team has the enviable position of straddling two worlds in the entertainment industry: asset creation & global communication strategy. We specialize in capturing and creating photo & video assets that shape, enhance and support our publicity campaigns for our Netflix Original content including series, films, and documentaries.
This role works across photo and creative content/EPK, utilizing knowledge of TV/film productions, talent/filmmaker relations, and publicity events as part of the Netflix Originals Publicity team. A successful candidate is someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. They must have a strong project management background and are able to strategically plan and execute across multiple projects simultaneously. This candidate must be extremely well organized, creative, a succinct communicator, a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment. They must be self-motivated, possess integrity and able to work autonomously across multiple teams. The ideal candidate will use sound judgment to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their colleagues to do the same.
of the role include:
• Develop and execute a global/regional strategy, per project/title, to capture, produce and utilize creative material to enhance and support the publicity campaign throughout its lifecycle
• Oversee a slate of projects that include several original series, films, documentaries, docu-series and comedy specials
• Drive communication with lead campaign publicist counterpart, marketing/social teams, showrunners/filmmakers and talent reps
• Hire and oversee unit photographers and video crews, including script and schedule review and communication with production
• Produce strong creative materials that shape and enhance the overall publicity campaign
• Assist with the asset management and servicing of material
• Oversee photography and video needs for premieres, events and photo shoots
• Strong eye for producing visual assets
• Understand and have contacts in the photography and video industries in Korea
• Understand and interest in copyright laws, usage licenses and embargoes
• Strong knowledge in digital file specs & size formats
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Pro is preferred
• Business level fluency in Korean and English is required
• 8 years of entertainment experience at a network, studio, distribution, production company or journalism setting
• College degree is required
Here at Netflix, we don't have rules and regulations. We hire adults who act responsibly on the resources and freedom they are given to do their work, and we expect high performance in return. The ideal candidate for this role will serve as the expert on the regions they manage, able to convey cultural needs and nuances that impact the global campaign.
The ideal candidate is curious and also contributes effectively outside of their speciality. They can articulate what they are - and are not - trying to do. He or she is a good listener and a real doer, and is able to multi-task and work at a quick pace. They can meet deadlines, formulate and manage a budget, and give visibility into their process successfully.
A good fit in the role has a candid and direct communication style, they are willing to admit to mistakes quickly and questions values inconsistent with our values and Netflix culture. They understand that sometimes the job requires delivering bad news, and they're tactful in handling such issues.
Pack your bag because frequent travel is a requirement.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, comprehensive benefits and relocation.
This job is based in Seoul, South Korea and reports to the Manager, Visual Communications - APAC.