VFX Manager: Original Film
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
About Netflix Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
It's an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue to shape the future of entertainment. With an ever-expanding slate of films, we are working with top-tier filmmakers and bringing new stories to our worldwide audience.
We seek a highly experienced individual to join our team as a VFX Manager, Original Films. The applicant should be well established in the VFX industry with 3-5 years experience as a production side VFX Producer. A strong understanding of VFX workflow, finance, and scheduling is required. You must excel at managing multiple projects in a high-speed, high-performance environment. Studio experience is a plus.
The Manager, VFX role works closely with filmmakers and our studio team, guiding and tracking a project from script and early development to final launch. Our Managers also work cross vertically to find and implement efficiencies in the studio and production pipelines, explore new technologies, and consistently elevate the quality of our productions.
The successful candidate will be calm under pressure, self-motivated, flexible, able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who can think fast and trust their instincts. A member of our team must be passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.
• Partnering with Creative, Production and Finance Executives during development and pre-production. Analyzing scripts, developing VFX breakdowns & budgets and production and post planning.
• Developing strong relationships with our Directors, Producers, and becoming a trusted resource for all things VFX
• Roadmapping projects, building the freelance visual effects teams. Hiring Supervisors, Producers, Vendors and negotiating with agents. Overseeing contract negotiations, understanding thresholds for expenditures and company policies.
• Manage freelance VFX teams tracking progress and understanding cost report tracking. Working closely with the VFX Producers to anticipate and troubleshoot schedule and budget issues. Ensure production is running smoothly, meeting deadlines and staying on budget.
• Working with the VFX Supervisor and VFX Producer, reviewing VFX finals ensuring high quality of work is being delivered
• Researching and networking with new businesses and up-and-comers.