VFX Coordinator: Original Film
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We seek a highly experienced individual to join our team as a VFX Coordinator, Original Film. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years credited experience working production side or at a major VFX Vendor. The successful candidate will be calm under pressure, self-motivated, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with an unwavering attention to detail at all times.
The role of the VFX Coordinator supports the VFX Film team across a variety of duties including but not limited to locating available talent, toolset onboarding, tracking show progress, scheduling and communication, and supporting various software/workflow initiatives.
A successful candidate will be someone who is an impactful, proactive thinker, curious about a variety of production and support disciplines, and challenges prevailing assumptions to help us create new and improved workflows. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires an effective communicator, able to exercise good judgement and demonstrates initiative.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Liaise between vendors, crew, internal teams to improve cross vertical information flow.
• Provide research to support efforts to create better alignment between production partners and cross-vertical teams.
• Organize and administer various internal and external workflows including but not limited to, budgeting, talent acquisition/hiring, talent onboarding, contracting, production/post production status, and delivery.
• Track and manage post schedules, keeping stakeholders apprised of status.
• Provide assistance on various support tasks as needed from pre-production through delivery.
• 4 years of experience as a freelance VFX Coordinator or facility Coordinator
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment, supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
• Strong organizational skills with a proactive mentality and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Familiarity with production and post software such as Filemaker, Shotgun, Pix, and Docusign, as well as newer cloud platforms such as Box, FileTrack, and Scenechronize.
• A strong understanding of VFX workflow and Pipeline.
• Working knowledge of third party VFX facilities DI/finishing facilities.
• Highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
• Comfortable with a fast pace and constant change.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters.
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting.
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.
It's an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue to shape the future of entertainment. With an ever-expanding slate of films, we are working with top-tier filmmakers and bringing new stories to our worldwide audience.