Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs, Unscripted
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix seeks an attorney for a BA/Legal coordinator role with responsibility for a wide array of matters related to Netflix's original and licensed ''unscripted'' and ''alternative'' series and specials. The successful candidate will work with the company's Unscripted team in many facets of business and legal affairs support, including drafting and reviewing various agreements necessary to develop and produce the company's slate of original titles, overseeing production legal, liaising with internal Netflix teams, and managing option tracking and other internal management systems. This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to grow within Netflix to help shape the future of entertainment. The Unscripted team at Netflix is small but growing and focused on building a slate of unique and high-quality titles.
• At least 2 years of transactional experience in a law firm, production company, studio or network drafting and reviewing legal agreements in unscripted television or film;
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment;
• High level of organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize and time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Google Suite;
• Highly collaborative, resourceful, quick thinking, curious, and calm under pressure;
• Positive attitude and an ability to respond positively to change and be respectful of new ideas;
• Good judgment, strong critical thinking skills and the desire and willingness to take ownership and control of complex projects;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented; and
• Knowledge of the evolving and international media landscape is a plus, but not required.
• Drafting, reviewing and redlining various agreements (e.g. license agreements, co-production agreements, NDAs, pick up notices, production packets and below-the-line agreements);
• Overseeing production legal on multiple projects;
• Handling document management and coordinating signatures (both externally and internally);
• Tracking deal terms and options;
• Managing option tracking and other internal management systems and training new team hires;
• Managing and updating form agreements and deal summaries, as well as various dashboards, and document management systems;
• Coordinating with the Unscripted team on projects, priorities, and production schedules;
• Capturing and condensing notes from meetings with various business and legal affairs partners; and
• Liaising with internal Netflix teams with respect to various issues including chain of title, rights management, legal deliverables, marketing restrictions, talent approvals and payment and finance.