NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Trademark Paralegal (Content & Brand IP)
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment because we believe there is a better way to watch. Our international efforts have brought Netflix's service and award-winning Originals programming to viewers in over 190 countries. Netflix seeks an experienced trademark paralegal to help support our expanding portfolio of trademarks related to our house brands and Originals programming (series, films, documentaries, stand-up comedy, kids & family, unscripted, etc.). This role will have broad responsibility with respect to Netflix's global trademark portfolio, including trademark clearance, prosecution and IP enforcement.
As a member of the Content & Brand IP Team, you will support vital components of our intellectual property practice, and be an integral resource for Netflix's business and production teams. Your expert eye for detail and exceptional organizational talents mean that you're not fazed by a high volume of matters and, in fact, you seek a role that provides an opportunity to learn more about the business. You are excited about the challenge of managing a global brand and portfolio. You think outside the box, challenge long-standing assumptions, and look for opportunities to innovate. You are adept at pragmatically analyzing risk, and you confidently communicate across all levels of the business. The successful candidate will be one who loves working in an environment where freedom and responsibility are tenets, and passion, and curiosity are mandates. The role is ideal for someone who is comfortable in a constantly changing environment. The role will report to the Trademark Manager and be based in in Los Angeles.
• Conduct and analyze trademark clearances.
• Communicate search results to business stakeholders.
• Assist with all aspects of international and domestic trademark prosecution and maintenance.
• Support IP enforcement matters for our house and title brands, including consumer products.
• Support various legal aspects of Netflix's domain name portfolio.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders and outside vendors.
• The successful candidate will have a BA/BS degree and 5 years of trademark paralegal experience.
• Understanding of IP law, including fair use issues, as well as USPTO and international trademark filing requirements.
• Unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail.
• Ability to work across different cultures and adapt to local norms - non-English language skills are a plus.
• Tech-savvy individual, including proficiency with cloud-based document and database systems.
• Experience using Saegis and watch service tools.
• Clear, concise communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and creative thinking.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly collaborative and responds positively to change and new ideas.
• Curious and eager to tackle matters outside area of expertise.