Tech Ops Specialist, EMEA
Full Time Job
As a Tech Ops Specialist at Netflix, you will be responsible for providing exceptional support to our production crew and partners in our Amsterdam office. You will play a vital role in developing and empowering the production landscape by utilizing the best available technologies, and assist in facilitating creation of the world's best streaming content. We're looking for Tech Ops Specialist willing to pioneer the advancement of technology into Netflix productions. This requires a proactive approach and unending creativity, to transforming the production culture. You will serve as a liaison between Netflix teams and the productions to assist in infusing technology and deploying in-house technology solutions. This role operates within the system deployment side of Studio Technology, part of the Netflix Production team. Tech Ops Specialists will report to the Manager of Studio Technology.
The Tech Ops Specialist will be an ambassador of Netflix production technology. He/She will embody the passion for transformation and workflow advancements utilizing brand new creative technologies. This role will be a point of contact for technology support for our productions with expertise in how productions utilize software now and in the future. The Tech Ops Specialist is one part production, one part cloud-based software, and one part hardware infrastructure. He/She must have a working knowledge of current web-based software trends, both within entertainment and outside of entertainment. He/She will assess technical infrastructure needs for production build-outs (stages and offices) and provide hardware via internal resources and external vendors. Passion for change and creative thinking is a must.
Studio Technology POC
• Act as the primary technical point of contact and develop personal relationships related to the advancement of technology with our productions.
• Work within production security guidelines to encourage safe collaboration of Netflix production data.
• Create a feedback loop for production tools in order to develop a mastery of production software and the workflows.
• Production specific G-Suite training.
• Build training material: devise creative, unique, and scalable training solutions and support techniques for our production personnel.
• Single POC for production technology needs: support requests will come in via tickets, emails, phone calls and automated alerts.
• As technology develops, operationalize support models and generate run-book plans for remote support.
• Work hand-in-hand with NERDS remote support and DevOps engineering support via support escalation models.
• IT support for the production staff
• Own the automation of the on-premise hardware requests
• Build out IT technology needs for new stages
• Administration for G-Suite and internal technology solutions on top of the Google platform.
• IT equipment procurement and delivery: Imaging machines, maintaining stock, configuring and troubleshooting printers, scanners, and equipment deliveries.
• Develop all methods of hardware selection, inventory management and IT vendor relations by partnering with NERDS and Purchasing.
Production Office Build-Outs
• Partner with productions, Systems Management, Network Infrastructure, and A/V on assessing and delivering on technical infrastructure needs.
• Deploy production office technology (computers, printers, AV, software, network) to our productions.
• Partner with third party technical service vendors when applicable.
Entertainment Industry Experience
• 5-10 years within entertainment production technology including experience with production office applications (Scenechronize, Set Keeper, Final Draft, Office, etc.)
• Keen understanding of current production, post, vfx, prod accounting workflows and how technology is used (and will be used in the future) and a knowledge of production/post production infrastructure requirements.
• A minimum of 3 years of IT or Desktop Support/System Administration
• Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; local and network based user and group accounts and permissions
• Knowledge of imaging and sys mgmt software including Airwatch and Jamf
• Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO: G-Suite including Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites, and Groups
• In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Windows 10, Chrome OS, and various applications including Office and Adobe software
• Solid working knowledge of Mac, PC, and Chromebook hardware including laptops & desktops
• Mobile device support including iPhone, Android, Windows
Nice to Have
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance.
• Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them.
• Strategic thinking both technically and business-wise.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-starter that can initiate ideas.
• Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos.
• Experience with supporting people remotely.
• Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
• Working knowledge of Google Apps Script, MySQL, HTML, or other scripting languages a big plus.