Supervisor, Creative Dubbing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million streaming members globally. With this international expansion the preservation of creative intent in the production of a localized experience is of utmost importance, what a great time to join Netflix!
The ideal candidate will have a great passion for language, experience with the production of dubs, a deep appreciation of regional cultural differences, and a high level of intellectual curiosity. The role requires you to develop a relationship with our originals content and be able to strategically identify the challenges and complexities localization will face before it even begins. Preserving creative intent will be your mission and developing creative approaches to the challenges at hand will be your passion. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
In this role you will:
• Drive creative localization strategy for Netflix original content
• Analyze content to identify and solve localization challenges
• Build and leverage strong relationships with dub studios and dubbing directors around the world
• Provide dubbing studios with casting notes as well as be involved with voice talent choices
• Utilize and build strong relationships with voice talent around the world
• Supervise dubbing sessions when necessary
• Assist with M&E/mixing sessions for high profile titles
• Accommodate and/or provide risk assessment for any special upstream localization requests
• Provide innovative thinking around scalable solutions and operational workflows for dub asset creation and management, constantly questioning existing systems and looking for a better way
• Effectively communicate project updates cross-functionally
• Make sound independent decisions, and know when to escalate issues
• Be the leading voice of localization production in the industry
• Advocate, understand, communicate, and exemplify the company's values
Do you have what it takes?
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in a foreign language is a plus
• Prior experience in managing localization workflows in the entertainment industry; background in subtitle and dubbing creation and a passion for languages and translation quality
• Deep understanding of differences, subtleties, and nuances between subtitle and dub translation
• Working knowledge around territorial differences and best practices for dub audio creation
• Highly analytical and able to get to the root cause of a problem; able to creatively figure out a solution or propose changes to existing workflows as required
• Adaptability and resilience to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools and workflow
• Attention to detail; organization, problem-solving, analytical and multitasking skills
• Creativity and the passion to challenge current industry standards
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 125 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. The Dubbing Production team is responsible for getting those amazing programs to our growing international audience. Centered around dubbing/VO production, a great team environment, and cutting-edge technology, this group is critical to Netflix's ability to provide the best localized experience of our great content. This position will report into Post Production in Hollywood. Together, this team is responsible for the creative aspects of localization production working closely with our Content Creative, Physical Production, and Distribution Operations teams.