Specialist, Digital Production Assets and Delivery
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As Netflix expands its global content creation footprint, we are increasing our investment in original content production across multiple content verticals (features, scripted and unscripted series, documentaries, comedies, etc). The Post Production team seeks a Specialist to join us in pioneering new and innovative methods of managing digital production assets and delivery.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day. With continued international expansion and a move into original film acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
Specialist, Digital Production Assets & Delivery supports Netflix Post Production teams with the flow of media from productions & vendors into the studio archive.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee OCF, Editorial, Audio & final DI archive in to Netflix's Content Hub archive system
• Assist in the organization and flow of assets from productions, mainly editorial & vendors, to Netflix's Content Hub archive.
• Maintain, update & champion the use of Content Hub to track and manage show asset delivery to Netflix.
• Assist post production teams as they audit completion/delivery of post production materials during production, archive and wrap.
• Liaise with post production teams and partner with engineering support to ensure successful onboarding of show personnel into Netflix systems and give continued operational support
• Work with productions and vendor partners to ensure network connectivity and collaborative infrastructure for post workflows.
• Produce and maintain accurate reporting of key Production metrics such as status, schedule and validation of production assets and Content Hub uploads.
• Liaise with post production teams and vendors to assist in scheduling and prioritizing uploads to Content Hub swiftly, accurately and securely.
• Liaise with post production teams to assist in scheduling delivery of physical production assets to archive, maintaining accurate inventory and security.
• Track invoices and create Purchase Orders as needed.
Experience and Qualifications
• This is a very demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive positive thinker. Candidate will be an effective communicator who is able to exercise good judgment and initiative. The candidate we are looking for is required to possess the following:
• 5 years of experience within a medium to high budget studio post production dept, large post production facility or have show side experience in show delivery for broadcast, feature film and/or documentary/unscripted.
• Post Production delivery & archive practices knowledge
• Preferred background in post supervision or post producing
• Knowledge of workflows for SDR/Dolby HDR/HDR10 & HD/UHD/4K
• Familiarity with production and post software such as avid, adobe premiere, di color workflows (resolve, lustre, baslight), editorial & conform workflows and audio finishing
• Knowledge and understanding of file sequence management, file formats & color science
• Knowledge of VFX pipelines and technology helpful.
• Knowledge of IT network configuration and data management helpful.
• Strong organizational and creative problem solving skills with proactive mentality.
• Ability to respond after hours for possible urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current post process
• Proficiency in Google suite of applications
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.