Sourcing Specialist, Production Planning
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Production Planning Specialist to support the growing department of Studios Operations. The position will apply a classic sourcing strategy to the production space. The applicant must have detailed knowledge of all relevant production stakeholders, vendors and technology; gained from industry experience.
The applicant should excel at reading the room and knowing the audience, all the while, driving value into enterprise deals with production vendors and facilities. A hunger for making data-driven decisions should be at the forefront of priorities. And the ability to communicate complex business models in a production venacular is a key function of this role. Applicant should feel comfortable modeling, analyzing and interpreting data on their own, or participating in larger initiatives that are company-wide. They must have stunning presentation skills and clear visualizations of data, internally and externally facing.
Additionally, the applicant should possess an in-depth knowledge of optimizing workflows, working with technology and being un-detered working from incomplete or partial data-sets; in fact they should thrive in this environment.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network with over 148 million members in over 190 countries. With this international expansion and a growing slate of International Original productions, it's an incredible time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast moving role that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication at all times. Comfort in ambiguity is essential in our ever-changing and growing organization.
• Established rapport with production vendors, facilities and film commissions
• Sourcing and documentation of vendor data across the production spectrum
• Proven team experience, at large companies or small
• Ability to think autonomously and strategically to develop overall business knowledge
• 5 years in a similar role, which customarily includes roles at consultant firms, film studios, or technology companies
• Contract management, applied negotiation skills, business development
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Suite and absolute proficiency in the Google Suite of apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, GMail, Forms and Calendar), as well as, being overall tech savvy/able to learn quickly