Head Of Brand Marketing
Full Time Job
It's not often there's an opportunity to join a company that is changing consumer habits all over the world, and challenging an entire industry at the same time. In addition to the marketing we do around our Netflix original titles we are also investing in editorial strategies that build love, meaning and deepen the emotional relationship of our brand with our fans.
Korea is a key market for Netflix and this is an exciting time to be part of driving our growth with a handful of stunning colleagues who are responsible for driving our success in Korea.
Acutely aware of the owned and earned media environment in Korea ranging from traditional news to Kakao and Facebook, the ideal candidate will have great sensibilities and experience in leading creative and strategic initiatives to create meaning for the Netflix and create cultural phenomena around our brand and titles in the owned and earned landscape.
Our aim is to entertain and engage by innovating in the digital editorial space with smart strategy and great content and production to build a robust and trustworthy presence in local entertainment and pop culture conversations. You will be responsible for leading the Brand & Editorial strategy for Korea, balancing between driving the local brand strategy and editorial roadmap as well as managing a team of external strategists, writers and creatives on both short and long lead projects.
Background and skills
The ideal candidate will have a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of internet culture and a knack for spotting and shepherding great storytelling in the digital space. To that extent, we are seeking candidates with more than ten years of digital editorial experience working both client and agency side.
In addition, we also look at:
• Strong English communication skills. While the consumer-facing output of the work will be in Korean, most internal communication is handled in English. Netflix is a memo and debate-intensive culture and team members are expected to participate and contribute to strategic discussions often and significantly.
• Solid grasp of analytics and social listening tools. We don't let data determine our actions but we do rely on data to inform our judgement and intuition. You don't need to be a spreadsheet pivot table genius to work here but you do need to have a good grasp of analytics in order to ask the right questions to our analytical partners.
• Talent management skills. Aside from understanding how to behave professionally around talent, we value the capacity to earn trust with them and their representatives -- a key part of obtaining buy-in for creative ideas and executions.
Other key responsibilities:
• Develop a clear brand & editorial vision and the right content strategies to build our brand into a trusted and engaging source of entertainment and information in the social space and beyond.
• Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Publicity and Partner Marketing teams to set long term brand narratives and strategy, compliment high-profile title campaigns, serve as the brand's first line of reputational defense and deepen consumer understanding of key Netflix benefits.
• Drive market- level brand strategy and partner with the global brand team to input local perspective on global campaigns, adapt global campaigns for local needs, or drive custom campaigns for the market.
• Manage long-lead editorial strategy, channel strategy and creative production bets
• Hiring and leading a team of owned, earned and paid experts as needed
• Stay on top of earned and owned trends, news and other timely events to seize on reactive opportunities.
• Use social analytics and other internal data to inform strategy and detect new opportunities.
• Build and manage budgets.
• Actively engage in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
• Managing agency relationships including editorial day-to-day, media relations, features, brand narratives
The Netflix culture attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and intellectual curiosity. Read the culture memo to learn what it's actually like working for Netflix.