Senior Manager Corporate and Technology Communications - Middle East, Turkey & Africa
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 117 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 140 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
It's an amazing time to join the Netflix PR EMEA team as we continue to transform entertainment. Over the past few years, we have moved from being a distributor to a programmer; from being a US tech company to a global leader in the entertainment landscape; from a brand that was not known to one that creates excitement and joy for its subscribers. If you are a passionate, creative storyteller who is not afraid of a challenge, keep reading!
We are looking for a talented public relations expert with a strong understanding and relationship with business and news media across Middle East, Turkey and Africa (META). The CorpTech PR Manager, META, will be a member of a seasoned group of professionals helping to shape and tell the story of Netflix as a company and the technology that underpins our content. They will also bring to life how Netflix is investing in local original content, as well as being a significant exporter of content from different countries, providing creatives with a global platform to tell new and different stories. Additionally, this individual will help build and protect the Netflix reputation and brand throughout the region.
The role is strategically critical to building on the company's success in a fast-changing, highly competitive global landscape. This is particularly the case as we expand our investments in the META regions, with the first Netflix Turkish and Arabic series underway as well as partnerships with local companies and an increased focus on our growth in these markets.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, EMEA, the role is based in Amsterdam and has strong cross-functional interaction with the broader team, with a high level of visibility and impact within the business. The Manager Consumer PR, Middle East and North Africa will be a key partner to CorpTech PR Manager, META, as will existing members of the Consumer PR team leading our activities in Turkey and South Africa.
The CorpTech PR Manager, META, will likely possess at least 10 years of experience in media, corporate or agency settings. Of particular interest are candidates with backgrounds in the entertainment sector and those who are used to working in a fast-paced environment that requires agility, selflessness and the ability to manage multiple things at once.
The Manager must:
• Fluency in Arabic and English is a must.
• Have a global mindset, with experience of working in multiple countries for a multinational brand in the Middle East region.
• Have excellent news judgement as well as very strong writing and communications skills.
• Have - or be capable of - quickly establishing trusted relationships with journalists and influencers throughout the region.
• Be able to work cross-functionally and build relationships inside and outside the organisation.
• Be capable and confident to serve as a company spokesperson in different cultural and media milieus and have strong business acumen.
• Be deeply familiar with, and enthusiastically curious about, the entertainment sector, technology, innovation and media.
• Be adept at corporate reputation and media issue management.
• Be an entrepreneurial self-starter who comes up with new approaches and is eager to try those out.
• Love entertainment and the prospect of delivering stories from all over the world to people all over the world.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• Ability to think innovatively and connect the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight.
• Succinct communicator.
• Great writer and talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Doesn't need to ''check with the agency'' on every issue or for every answer. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• Pragmatic, organized and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
• A smart minimalist. Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that. Does not need or desire big budgets for big results. Believes one great person on the team is more valuable than three to five ok people---and wants to be that great person.
• Has a point of view - An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes.
The Netflix culture attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion and curiosity. Read our blog and culture memo. If it resonates for you, maybe you're the right person to join our team.