Senior Manager, Content Strategy & Analysis - APAC
Full Time Job
Netflix now operates in all countries around the globe (except China and those sanctioned by the US Government - North Korea, Syria and Crimea). With over 109 million members at the end of Q3 '17, and a content budget of $7B in 2018, we continue to look for the best and brightest to lead the analytics that drive strategic business decisions.
The Content Strategy & Analysis team is looking for a Senior Manager to join its Singapore-based team. This team is responsible for developing strategic insights to further the company's Asian content efforts, with a specific focus on valuation, programming strategy and industry intelligence. The team is highly visible across the company and senior leadership relies heavily on the Content Strategy & Analysis team to inform important business decisions.
This role will reside in Netflix's Singapore office.
• Lead deal analysis and valuation of new projects in partnership with the Creative, Business Affairs and Content Acquisition teams.
• Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators.
• Develop deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities.
• Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders.
• Develop and manage associate(s) on the team: establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback.
• 8-12 years of experience in finance, strategy, and/or consulting roles. For candidates with MBAs, typically we would look for candidates with 3-6 years post-MBA experience.
• Strong passion for content.
• Strong communication/presentation skills with experience presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management.
• Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He or she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly ''roll up their sleeves'' to perform more routine tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation. MBA a plus but not required.