Senior Manager, Brand & Editorial
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Brand & Editorial - Spain
With an evolving social and media landscape and a growing slate of award-winning original TV shows, films, documentaries and stand-ups produced for all kinds of tastes, we are looking for a Senior Manager who can help us build our brand in Spain. As a direct-to-consumer brand with millions of fans across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, our owned social presences are a key way for us to speak directly to members and non-members every single day, but we also want to go beyond social. We need someone who can create very tailored strategies across a variety of channels and mediums to reach targeted audience groups and generate cultural phenomena around our brand and original titles to drive positive word of mouth and earned media impressions in Spain.
For this reason, the Senior Manager will be fully embedded into social, but also have a good understanding of the media landscape. This is a strategic position that will be responsible for managing a team of external best-in-class strategists, writers and creatives with a specific focus on long lead projects together with the other members of the team. In addition, the Brand & Editorial Senior Manager will be tasked with developing market-specific brand narratives and identifying, in conjunction with the local marketing, publicity and other functions involved, the best opportunities for the brand in Spain.
• Develop a clear editorial vision, tone of voice and the right content strategies to build our brand into a trusted and engaging source of entertainment and information in the social space and beyond.
• Work with external creative agencies and other vendors to identify opportunities and build the best creative responses to our business needs.
• Build editorial calendars and create or leverage existing marketing shoots, press junkets, set visits and/or other talent-driven events. Develop innovative features and fixtures that are shareable, ownable, impactful and scalable.
• Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Publicity and Partner Marketing teams to compliment high-profile title campaigns, serve as the brand's first line of reputational defense and deepen consumer understanding of key Netflix benefits.
• Develop brand campaigns and oversee projects from inception to final execution.
• Contribute to the social platform and audience strategy in Spain.
• Build and manage budgets.
Background and skills:
• Local market, language and landscape expertise. We need someone who understands the local culture. Someone who is a social native and speaks internet in the region and can apply their strategic vision to additional emerging markets.
• Strong communication skills. Netflix is a memo and debate-intensive culture and team members are expected to participate and contribute to strategic discussions often and significantly.
• Solid grasp of analytics and social listening tools. We don't let data determine our actions but we do rely on data to inform our judgement and intuition. You don't need to be a pivot table genius to work here but you do need to have a good grasp of analytics in order to ask the right questions to our analytical partners.
• Talent management skills. Aside from understanding how to behave professionally around talent, we value the capacity to earn trust with them and their representatives -- a key part of obtaining buy-in for creative ideas and executions.
The ideal candidate will have a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of internet culture and a knack for spotting and shepherding great storytelling in the digital space. Candidates will have a solid understanding of content and editorial strategy and they will be familiar with the media evolution in the Spanish market.