Senior Manager, Brand & Editorial - Middle East, Turkey & Africa
Full Time Job
With hundreds of original TV shows, films, documentaries and more produced for all kinds of tastes and all kinds of moods, we need our owned social channels to promote Netflix in more ways, talking about more titles, to more people in more places than ever before.
This means not just talking about WHAT content we're producing, but also WHY we're making it and WHY it's meaningful in local culture and people's lives, an approach that requires best-in-class editorial strategies and innovative approaches to content ideation and production.
In essence, this position will lead our Brand & Editorial strategy across our owned Netflix branded social handles in Turkey, as well as lead a team of Brand & Editorial managers responsible for additional Emerging Markets, including but not limited to, CEE and Middle East & Africa.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned executive capable of hiring and managing high performance teams, setting strategic context and helping develop creative. Equal parts brand strategy, audience development, platform and content strategy, we need someone who can help us find the right people and talk to them in the right way about the right things in the right places across a diverse set of markets.
While we value being hands-on and love people who can fire off the perfect tweet, this is not a community management role. This is a strategic position that will be mostly responsible for leading a team and working cross-functionally to develop market-specific brand campaigns in conjunction with the Consumer PR and local marketing teams.
• Hire and manage a team of Brand & Editorial managers.
• Own social platform and audience strategy in Turkey and Emerging Markets.
• Develop a clear editorial vision, tone of voice and the right content strategies to build our brand into a trusted and engaging source of entertainment and information in the social space and beyond.
• Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Consumer PR, Publicity and Partner Marketing teams to compliment high-profile title campaigns, serve as the brand's first line of reputational defense and deepen consumer understanding of key Netflix benefits.
• Work with external creative agencies and other vendors to help them build teams with the right level of experience and expertise.
• Build editorial calendars and create or leverage existing marketing shoots, press junkets, set visits and/or other talent-driven events.
• Develop innovative features and fixtures that are shareable, ownable, impactful and scalable.
• Write briefs for brand campaigns and award and oversee projects from inception to final execution.
• Build and manage budgets.
• Stay on top of social media trends, news and other timely events to seize on reactive opportunities.
• Use internal and external social analytics and other internal data to inform strategy and detect new opportunities.
• Actively engage in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
Background and skills
The ideal candidate will have a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of internet culture and a knack for spotting and shepherding great storytelling in the digital space. To that extent, candidates with more than five years of editorial experience in digital, print or video, as well as hands-on experience with social media, will receive strong consideration. In addition, we also look at:
• Local market, language and landscape expertise. We need someone who understands the cultural nuances of our diverse emerging markets. Someone who is a social native and speaks internet in the region.
• Strong English communication skills. While the consumer-facing output of the work will be in local language, most internal communication is handled in English. Netflix is a memo and debate-intensive culture and team members are expected to participate and contribute to strategic discussions often and significantly.
• Solid grasp of analytics and social listening tools. We don't let data determine our actions but we do rely on data to inform our judgement and intuition. You don't need to be a pivot table genius to work here but you do need to have a good grasp of analytics in order to ask the right questions to our analytical partners.
• Talent management skills. Aside from understanding how to behave professionally around talent, we value the capacity to earn trust with them and their representatives -- a key part of obtaining buy-in for creative ideas and executions.