Senior Counsel, Employment Legal
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix, the world's leading internet entertainment service, seeks an experienced Senior Counsel to support our growing Employment Legal needs. This is an exciting and challenging role in a fast-paced environment with primary responsibility for handling employment counseling and litigation on a wide variety of employment issues arising out of our Los Angeles HQ. This role involves close and ongoing collaboration with members of the Talent (HR) team and the corresponding business partners on the various business teams, including PR/Marketing, Content Finance and Content Acquisition. The role demands a high risk tolerance smartly applied to each situation; an experienced perspective on employment counseling and managing litigation in the corporate setting is critical to this role. This role is headquartered in Los Angeles and reports to the Director, Employment Legal.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of digital media. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and entrepreneurial organization.
The successful candidate will have at least 15 years of experience directly advising on employment-related issues including investigations, employee relations, compensation, discrimination, terminations, hiring practices, best practices/policies, and overseeing any related litigation, among other things. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where freedom and responsibility are core values, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates. This is a cross-functional role, so strong collaboration and communication skills are required. Previous in-house experience at a California company or studio is preferred.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to consistently exercise great judgment resulting in immediate action and smart decisions.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively and cross-functionally.
• Ability to think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• Be open-minded and have the ability to pivot quickly should business needs change.
• JD and membership in good standing in California state bar.