Senior Counsel, Employment Law
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/28/2018 10:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Counsel, Employment Law jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Counsel, Employment Law postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Counsel, Employment Law? Netflix, the leading on-line movie and television subscription service, seeks an experienced Senior Counsel, Employment Legal. This is an exciting and challenging role in a fast-paced environment with primary responsibility for handling production-related employment (non-labor) counseling and litigation on a wide variety of employment issues arising out of our US-based productions. This role involves close and ongoing collaboration with members of the Talent and the Business and Legal Affairs teams, including the Global Labor Relations team. The role demands a high risk tolerance smartly applied to each situation; an experienced perspective on employment counseling and managing litigation in the studio setting is critical to this role. This role is headquartered in Los Angeles and reports to the Senior Counsel, Employment Law.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of digital media. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and entrepreneurial organization.
The successful candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in advising on and managing the litigation of production-related employment issues. Direct experience with employment-related issues that can arise from various types of productions (e.g., feature length films, documentaries, unscripted and scripted series, stand-up comedy) is necessary for a candidate to be considered for this position. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where freedom and responsibility are core values, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates. This is a cross-functional role, so strong collaboration and communication skills are required. Previous in-house experience at a company or studio is preferred.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to consistently exercise great judgment resulting in immediate action and smart decisions.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively and cross-functionally.
• Ability to think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• Wicked sense of humor.
• Be open-minded and have the ability to pivot quickly should business needs change.
• JD and membership in good standing in at least one state bar (California strongly preferred). This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.