Screening Manager, Originals Publicity - EMEA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an individual to grow the EMEA screenings team, helping create and shape strategy for our screening department in EMEA. In essence this means devising a workflow & leading the asset creation and technical screening coordination efforts for promotional screenings throughout the region.
The successful candidate will have an expertise in post production and screening technologies. Ideally, this person will have experience working across multiple departments within a global entertainment distributor and / or digital facilities. Experience working on screening events like premieres or festivals, where exemplary organisation & flexibility is crucial, is a requirement.
They will be responsible for the creation, coordination of delivery and on-site experience for every promotional screening of Netflix original content in EMEA. We need a team player who is eager to work across departments to establish workflows and best practices, enabling them to plan and execute great screening experiences for various audiences.
This job is based in Amsterdam and reports to the EMEA Director of Events.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Work with Netflix internal post production and your global counterparts to manage requests and creation of screening assets including, but not limited to, DCPs, BluRays, DVDs and digital files
• Devise, develop, maintain & curate a network of third party post production companies / technical vendors across the EMEA region to implement screenings for multiple departments, in multiple countries simultaneously
• Work with the Netflix PR, Post Production and Security teams to create, communicate and implement best practices and workflow for the ordering, fulfilling and execution of screening assets
• Oversee scheduling, tracking, and verification of domestic and international deliveries of screening assets to the venues
• Communicate effectively with various cross functional teams to ensure proper planning, availability and delivery of material
• Liaise with NF Post Production and EMEA filmmakers to complete cuts/edits necessary for the creation of screening assets, as well as coordinate the proper QC of a final asset
• Coordination of digital cinema audio/visual engineers responsible for providing technical support for premieres and special screenings
• Coordinate and oversee the design and execution of large digital cinema installations for premieres and screenings worldwide, which include projection and theater sound systems
• Manage budgets
• Innovate the work, and find ways for us to work smarter and more efficiently as our volume of content grows
Skills and Requirements:
• 8 years experience at a network, studio or servicing facility
• Proven experience leading a screening department & team
• Technical expertise in DCP creation and knowledge of DCI-Compliance standards
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows of latest picture and sound technologies (UHD/4K, HDR, 2K and Dolby Atmos, 7.1…) as well as best practices for cloud hosted media sharing and collaboration.
• Experience working with marketing/PR/events teams and talent
• Understanding of how to prioritize, while also remaining agile and able to pivot quickly.
• Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
• Must be able to work independently and proactively, make sound decisions with good judgement, think strategically, whilst maintain accuracy and an unwavering attention to detail.
• Must possess solid organizational and analytical skills, effective time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
• Experience working with a US team is preferred
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, comprehensive benefits and relocation.
Do you love entertainment? Are you an avid fan of TV series, film and docs? Are you extremely organised and a team player who is willing to learn. Are you passionate about creating high quality screening experiences for audiences in the way it was intended by content creatives, If so, this could be the job for you . . .