Sales Tax Analyst - Studios
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a tax professional to assist our Tax team with Studios related sales and property tax responsibilities. This person will be a tax liaison with the Production Finance Team and will be in charge of building a workflow/system to handle our growing needs. This position will reside in the company's Hollywood based office and interact cross-functionally with the Production Finance, IT, and Tax teams.
Qualities We're Looking For:
• Sales Tax & Property Tax Experience and Accounting smarts - We'd like you to have 2 years' experience with sales, use and property tax, as you will deal with these on day 1 and look for ways to optimize the workflows.
• Sales tax experience in multiple jurisdictions would be helpful since our productions take place in several states.
• Relationship builder: Ability to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners.
• Enthusiasm and quick learning - Enthusiasm for evaluating and improving systems. We are looking for someone to learn the existing process, but then build/challenge it to better scale with the volume of our growth.
• Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key, along with fitting into our unique company culture.
• Industry experience in a studio environment a plus, but not essential to the position if you are enthusiastic about the position and eager to learn quickly.
• ERP systems experience - experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus.
• Tax systems experience – experience with Vertex, Taxware, or OneSource systems is a plus.
• Provide support in partnering with cross-functional teams (legal, production, treasury, accounting, etc.) and external production accountants in the areas of sales, use, and property taxes.
• Research and resolve indirect tax issues related to various production-related activities.
• Assist with preparing technical documentation/guidance on film-production related exemptions and exclusions offered in various jurisdictions.
• Partner with the Production Finance team to obtain an understanding of the accounting used for the acquisition of show assets and services, as well as the eventual disposition of assets after a show is completed.
• Assisting with operational process improvements in Sales & Use Tax, and Property Tax workflows as they relate to productions.
• Providing the Los Gatos Tax Team with necessary data to report sales, use and property tax for Originals.
• Managing business license and Secretary of State filings for all Originals.
• Work with IT teams to build links between Production Accounting systems, Vertex, and Workday to automate workflows for scale as Sales/Use Tax workflows grow.
• Assist with state and local audits as they relate to Originals.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 130 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Visit our culture deck and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.