Risk Management Specialist
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 125 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. It's a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more.
To scale with our growth, Netflix is looking for a Risk Management professional specializing in entertainment insurance.
As the Risk Management Specialist you will work with the department manager in all aspects of Corporate and Production insurance programs and objectives. You will be the point of contact for the team's cross functional partners, including legal, physical production, safety/security, finance, labor relations, business affairs, creative and others to identify risks inherent to the operations of production to mitigate and monitor the Company's operational and strategic risk.
Netflix is growing fast with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly ''roll up their sleeves'' to perform daily tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidates must be curious, motivated, disciplined and be able to work autonomously.
• Collaborate cross functionally between the internal Netflix Originals team and production crew to efficiently communicate insurance best practices and initiatives.
• Manage insurance functions such as cast insurance, risk analysis and certificates of insurance.
• Analyze the risk associated with any unusual or hazardous filming activities including, but not limited to, stunts, watercraft, animals, aircraft and other exposures.
• Partner with the Legal team to review insurance language in agreements and make suggestions towards the goal of minimizing risk.
• Analyze exposure to loss and determine the appropriate method of risk transfer.
• Manage and track insurance claims. Make recommendations for avoiding and mitigating loss, and negotiate coverage concerns with insurance carriers.
• Develop and maintain relationships with insurance carriers and brokers to foster resources and program structure.
• Analyze international exposures and coordinate all aspects of insurance and risk management with the international productions and correlating internal teams.
• Work with the Risk Management team to create and develop insurance programs that are aligned with the Netflix culture and risk tolerance.
• 3-5 years experience managing insurance in an Entertainment/Production environment is required.
• General knowledge of the insurance marketplace.
• Must be self-motivated starter that operates independently.
• Strong project management skills and ability to influence cross functionally.
• Superior communication skills; written and verbal.
• Able to problem solve, multitask and be detail oriented.