Projectionist, Exhibition Technology
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, a lot of it original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content. Optimizing content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency across all types of projects presents significant challenges, but that's what the Production Technologies team does by setting technical requirements and best practices, driving new industry standards, consulting on the studio's technical infrastructure, providing direct support to Netflix Original Productions and staying up-to-date with the most advanced developments in professional and consumer technology. As Netflix creates more and more programming around the world, leveraging new video and audio production technology, the studio's internal production infrastructure needs are rapidly expanding and evolving to support creative development and production execution.
As part of the Production Technologies group, you will:
• Provide excellent client support in the Screening Rooms and Lounges, while performing all daily functions therein.
• Liaise with the Post Production groups, Publicity, and Productions to assist with content management in Screening Rooms, run-throughs, tests, and playbacks.
• Perform routine calibration and maintenance procedures on display devices, to ensure a confident and correct playback experience.
• Ingest, prepare, and organize all content on local servers or storage, including, but not limited to DCP's and their respective KDM's, AVID media sessions, ProRes sessions, DPX or EXR review sessions
• Setup screening room for Events, Q&A Sessions, Meetings, and Presentations.
• Provide QC and Continuity checks, where applicable, on incoming media and screening material.
• Coordinate and support remote review playback sessions.
• Provide monitoring and feedback on screening room equipment and screening room status.
• Excellent communication and client relationship skills, ideally with experience within the motion picture industry, and/or other creative environments.
• 2 years of projection and motion picture exhibition, including experience with DCI compliant projection equipment
• Experience with, but not limited to, AVID Media Composer, AVID ProTools, Final Cut Pro, Quicktime Pro, Resolve, Keynote, Powerpoint.
• Light network management skills.
• Working knowledge of color, light, and sound calibration equipment
You enjoy interfacing with a wide variety of clientele (creatives, executives, talent) throughout your day, and have a disposition geared toward client relations and support services. You have an interest and an understanding of the motion picture industry, with an emphasis on Post Production. You have a strong working knowledge of computers, computer-based workstations, networks, and servers. In addition to experience with picture and sound equipment, you understand the basic principles of digital imaging and sound. You have the desire and capacity to learn and understand future technologies.