Project Manager, Construction
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Project Manager as part of our growing Studio Operations team. This position will project manage construction and tenant improvement projects for the global footprint of Netflix Studios.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
This position will manage and track financial budgets, negotiate contracts, coordinate with internal stakeholders/consultants/contractors/subcontractors, manage project scheduling, etc. Candidate will supervise construction projects from conception to completion and must be able to manage multiple projects at a time. An emphasis in production/stage standards is required.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. The ability to identify and mitigate potential design, schedule, construction and budget impacts is crucial. This position requires the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of stakeholders with varying, sometimes conflicting concerns, incorporating those concerns for the benefit of the project. This is a demanding and fast-paced position that requires someone who is proactive, detailed and a problem solver.
• Analyze and manage construction projects from conception to completion while monitoring compliance with safety and building regulations.
• Provide meaningful and impactful input in all stages that benefits the project.
• Coordinate consultants, subcontractors and the construction team to meet contractual conditions of performance.
• Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status, daily progress, estimates and deliverables.
• Negotiate agreement terms, manage construction contract drafts, solicit and analyze project bids, and manage securing of permits, and assist in analyzing and mitigating of risks.
• Communicate with all responsible parties to ensure quality construction meets or exceeds company standards, and ensure proper industry techniques and processes are utilized while ensuring the client's needs and wants are efficiently met.
• Review projects on a daily basis to ensure quality construction standards exist and estimates remain within budget.
• Supervise construction projects to ensure they are completed on time and exceed requirements of all stakeholders.
• Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the building process, from hiring contractors to working with engineers, architects, and vendors.
• Proven experience managing construction projects
• Bachelor's degree in building science, construction management, or civil engineering
• Knowledge of stage/studio operations, layout, and typical standards (i.e, HVAC, Power, Acoustical needs, etc)
• Post and Technical Infrastructure experience a plus
• Excellent resource, planning, and time management skills
• Superior management and delegation capabilities
• High level of financial responsibilities
• Excellent verbal and written communicator