Production Technology Specialist
Full Time Job
Production Technology Specialist - Multi-Camera Production
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, much of it comprised of original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted productions.
Across all types of projects, Netflix strives to optimize content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency and creative vision. As part of the Netflix Post Operations team, Production Technology Specialists aim to provide technical guidance based on Netflix specifications and best practices, in order to achieve the highest quality end-to-end imaging and sound pipeline. From on-set through final delivery, we offer direct support to productions, including crews as well as internal and external post production teams.
By staying up-to-date with the most advanced developments in professional and consumer technology, our specialists offer expertise in key areas of motion picture production and post-production - cameras, sound, data management, image science, dailies, editorial, color correction, deliverables, archival, and more!
You are an expert in the technical workflows and practices of multi-camera production for live events and unscripted content, with experience across all budget levels and nonfiction genres. You understand current workflows, techniques, tools, and how they've developed as technology and creative demands have evolved. You have worked in live production trucks and studio control rooms, with technical directors, directors, show-runners, lighting directors, producers, camera operators, video engineers, audio mixers, network or studio executives, and you understand their goals and challenges. You've kept abreast of developing standards and new technologies that are shaping content, and have ideas about how to ensure its longevity.
As part of the Production Technology team, you will:
• Provide technical support to Netflix Originals productions.
• Represent the Netflix Production Technology team at industry functions, conferences, committee meetings, etc.
• Troubleshoot media assets for conformance to Netflix Originals specifications.
• Educate various internal and external teams on Netflix Originals technical specifications and production best practices.
• Explore, analyze and document global production practices, challenges and opportunities.
• Devise and carry-out strategies to achieve our global goals.
• Work with internal engineering teams to inform design of Netflix systems to serve production needs.
• Contribute to blogs, documentation and other support resources to educate creative partners and vendors about our requirements and initiatives.
• Evaluate vendors for readiness to service Netflix Originals productions.
• Maintain currency on Audio, Video and Streaming technology.
• 8 years of multi-camera production experience in a technical capacity, interacting with creatives and operators.
• Understanding of a variety of video production workflows and practices across different types of content, from award shows to cooking competition shows to talk shows.
• Experience with 4K/UHD workflows.
• Knowledge of industry standards and the bodies that ratify them.
• Knowledge of and relationships with technology solutions, equipment and service vendors across post and production.
• Knowledge of A/V distribution formats and consumer technology;
• The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical concepts and explain how they impact the creative process.
• Comprehensive knowledge of live sound production, color correction and sound & video capture, and the workflows that govern their use.
• A passion for live production.