Production Finance Payments Associate
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Our members love content. In 2017, Netflix spent billions of dollars on acquiring and producing content around the world in every window for every taste -- from brand new, never-before-seen Originals to timeless classics that are watched over and over again. In order to build the best service in the world, we look for the best and brightest to drive the analytics behind our strategic business decisions. Netflix operates a financially complex business and believes that it derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing the company.
The Payments Associate will be responsible for managing above the line development payments and providing studio tracking and analysis. They should have strong focus organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, you are quick-thinking, adaptable to change, able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time and are self-motivated. You must have the ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with the Netflix Business, Legal and Production Finance teams, in addition to Labor Relations, Content Acquisition and the show accountants.
• Proactively review and evaluate the contractual - financial - obligations of agreements and deal memos for above-the-line talent - (Actors, Writers, Producers, Non-Writing Producers, Directors, Line Producers and Casting Directors)?
• Prepare time cards for above-the-line talent and facilitate timely and accurate payments through payroll companies, Netflix Studios, and?/or? the individual show accountants
• Create and maintain? complete organization of payments? within a cloud-based document management system
• Liaise with productions regarding delivery of key documentation to ensure payments are made in a timely fashion
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
• Act as internal - and external - point-of-contact? for all payment related questions
• Ensure above-the-line payroll start paperwork is received, complete? and accurate
• Assist in researching?, developing? and testing? new technologies that provide the next generation of - contract administration and - production finance tools and determine how and when to best incorporate into the production accounting workflow
• Candidates must have experience in production payroll, business affairs, legal or contract administration at a major studio
• Solid understanding of the payroll process and above-the-line union labor agreements (DGA, WGA, SAG-AFTRA)
• Ability to - read and - understand - legal contracts - and articulate issues using? creative, production or financial context.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check on you prior to starting with us.