Production Accountant - Animation
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original productions, changing the perception of what great content is and how it should be enjoyed and celebrated. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 117 million streaming members globally. It's a great time to join Netflix.
The Production Accountant for Feature Film and Series Animation will be a key strategic partner with the cross functional teams in the creation of executable production plans and show budgets that represent the creative vision of the film makers. They will be instrumental in estimating final costs, evaluating risks and opportunities and optimizing production entity structure to best monetize production incentives and minimize financial and legal risk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner with the cross functional teams to create and manage production schedules and budgets.
• Provide and present clear, accurate and timely production planning scenarios and analysis to both Producers and cross functional teams during the life cycle of a film.
• Ascertain and solve budgeting and staffing issues.
• Collaborate with Producers to quickly estimate and evaluate production health against milestones and data metrics.
• Create budgets and summaries that provide metrics and data that can be shared broadly to ensure cross functional alignment and well-informed decision making.
• Adapt to changing scenarios, anticipate problems and recommend solutions to Producers.
• Provide accurate, detailed and timely cost reports, cash flows and headcount forecasts.
• Comply with all policies and procedures for POs, invoices, checks and time card approvals.
• Direct Assistant Production Accountant on all aspects of their job to ensure compliance, accuracy and timely processing of all payments.
• Mentor and train Assistant Production Accountant to ensure strong work performance.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Project/Production based accounting experience a must.
• Proficiency with Excel required. Experience with Vista preferred.
• Business or Accounting degree preferred.
• Animation experience preferred