Product Manager, Studio Technology
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/30/2018 2:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Product Manager, Studio Technology jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Product Manager, Studio Technology postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Product Manager, Studio Technology? Product Manager, Studio Technology (Studio Operations)
We want to empower the production landscape, utilizing never-before-seen streamlined, cutting-edge production technology. This empowerment comes with maximizing production efficiencies individually and as a whole to facilitate creation of the world's best streaming content. We're looking for a Product Manager who embodies this passion for change with a keen knowledge of what technology can do for production now and in the future.
The Product Manager will be assigned to multiple production technology initiatives as the primary product owner for production/studio related workflows when building in-house applications and partnering on third party builds and/or buys. This role will be responsible for deriving business requirements as it relates to product functionality with a primary focus on identifying and solving for key studio operations workflows. These workflows include: facility management (oversight, scheduling, payments), vendor performance, production safety and security, and production transportation. The Product Manager will outline, socialize and prioritize action items and team assignments as the primary project owner. Candidate must have a strong background in the studio/production environment combined with a passion for excellence and change management experience in utilizing cloud-based technologies OR a history as a product lead in similar software development.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Identify current studio operations workflows and ideate on translating those workflows utilizing technology.
• Generate detailed business requirements that represent operational workflows pertaining to new technology.
• Partner with other product managers, technical program managers and engineering managers across internal delivery teams at Netflix, representing the needs of the Studio Operations team as a whole and on a given product.
• Partner with the Tech Ops team on product testing and product launch, with a keen eye on driving tactical adoption.
• Socialize project timelines across Netflix and maintain accountability on deliverables.
• Establish industry relationships with studio users, crew-level users and third-party technology vendors.
• 10 years with entertainment production either freelance or studio-based (tech leaning) OR 5 years as a product lead for facility management and/or vendor operations (or related) software.
• Keen understanding of current production operations workflows and how technology is used (and will be used in future).
• Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and how they are used in an operational capacity within entertainment and outside of entertainment.
• Willingness to regularly travel.
• Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos.
• Sharp assessment skills with an ability to vet wants vs. needs.
• Comfortable with running lean.
• Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.