Product Design Manager - Tools & Services
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
As the hands-on design leader of the Partnership Enablement Product team, you will work cross-functionally throughout the Product organization and touch many aspects of Netflix services. As a design leader, you will help to craft the next generation of these tools, ensure they help our varied users achieve their goals, and drive a coherent visual and interactive design across them. You will be key in driving new initiatives on the team and in collaborating with engineers, product managers, tech writers, and other stakeholders to develop and iterate upon new concepts.
• 2 years managing a Design team
• 8 years as a Product Designer
• The ability to form consensus across a broad, fast-moving organization
• A history of mentoring strong designers and contributing to the design community
• A deep sense of accountability, fostering a high degree of responsibility within your team
• Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse, global operations teams
• Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast and a focus on execution is critical
• Experience contributing to and consuming component-based design systems
• Excellent communication skills
• A willingness to fail and learn
• Experience distilling large data sets into friendly, insightful visualizations
• Ability to design products to suit the needs of a global audience
A few more things to know
• Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix at Culture Memo.
• We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work.
At Netflix, scaling to connect 150 million people in 190 countries with movies and TV series requires strategic partnerships and high-quality product integration. Ever wonder about the Netflix button on new TV remotes or how the Netflix app is always ready when you boot up your new device? Or how Netflix is now an option that you can have added to your cable bundle?
Netflix works closely with a variety of partners such as Samsung, Amazon, and regional partners like Comcast, and Sky to integrate and launch Netflix applications on their devices. We ensure that Netflix members have a great experience watching our titles. Imagine the complexity and cost of managing the business and technical aspects of partner relationships. How can we design and build tools to streamline and improve the way we work with our partners? Here at Netflix, we live to push the bar higher and solve problems like these.
What appears seamless to our current and future members is actually a complex business strategy, involving negotiations with partners around the world. To align on business terms, user flows, and technical integrations, while maintaining Netflix's high technical standards, requires cutting-edge design and innovation. That is where you come in. We need a design leader who can shape and scale these business and developer engagements.
To help facilitate the relationship and workflow with these partners, we built a range of partner-facing tools and services that are a key differentiator for Netflix. Our solution is built on the Netflix Ecosystem toolset, giving our partners access to such tools as:
Analytics - a real-time analytics tool that lets users quickly see trends in millions of records of test data cross-referenced across several databases.
Netflix Test Studio - a powerful device testing suite that enables hundreds of partner devices to be tested from anywhere in the world.
Device Test UI - a cross-team collaborative application to easily build embedded JS components and enable remote testing and automation on partner devices.
Partner Device Portal - serving as the gateway for managing device integrations, the portal is a comprehensive CRM system that provides everything a partner needs to configure and integrate their devices.