Paralegal, Original Content
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix seeks an experienced paralegal for a position with responsibility for a wide array of production matters related to Netflix's original content initiative. The successful candidate will work with the company's Original Production teams to coordinate, draft, and review agreements necessary to develop and produce the company's slate of high-profile series and film projects. This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of television and film.
• The successful candidate will have a BA/BS degree and at least 5 years of paralegal-level experience in television or film production.
• JD preferred, but not required.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
• Tech-savvy individual, including proficiency with cloud-based document and database systems.
• Drafting and reviewing production and third party agreements (e.g., physical production department head agreements; certificates of authorship/engagement; episodic directors agreements; vendor/rental agreements, equipment rental agreements aviation and drone agreements, watercraft agreements; location agreements, stage/facilities leases; lab agreements, and visual effects agreements)
• Drafting forms for use in connection with production related issues
• Assist in preparation of production documents for submission to tax credits applications
• Working with the production, business, risk management, safety, labor, credit, line producers and production personnel regarding day-to-day legal issues during prep, principal and post-production
• Work with other members of the legal team to help manage deliverables for legal delivery