Paralegal, Kids & Family Business and Legal Affairs
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Paralegal, Kids & Family Business and Legal Affairs - Animation
With over 130 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Netflix seeks an experienced Paralegal to handle a wide array of responsibilities related to the development, production and exploitation of Netflix's Kids and Family animated programming (both Film and TV). This role will be primarily responsible for: (a) drafting, reviewing, preparing and responding to comments relating to a wide variety of legal documents, including certificates of engagement/authorship, day player agreements for voice actors, non-disclosure agreements, independent contractor agreements for below-the-line artists all over the world, key crew and animation production-related agreements, (b) ensuring information flow with cross-functional partners, including summarizing contract obligations, (c) consulting with cross-functional partners on employment, labor, corporate, and other legal matters, and (d) maintaining legal workflows across productions. The ideal candidate will have entertainment business and/or legal affairs experience in television and/or film, and be willing to handle projects from beginning to end. More information on Netflix Animation here.
The candidate must have excellent communication, drafting and organizational skills and must be comfortable coordinating among internal Netflix teams. The scope of the role will also include counseling and collaborating with internal and external business partners, producers, production counsel and production partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impact.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to grow within Netflix to help shape the future of entertainment. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• At least 5 years of experience as a paralegal, with at least 2 years of entertainment-based experience for a production company, studio or law firm, with direct experience handling talent and production agreements;
• Basic understanding of guild and union agreements and other production-related labor issues;
• The ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to stay calm under pressure;
• A high level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Google Suite; and
• Paralegal certificate or JD
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
• Demonstrates good judgment, strong critical thinking skills and the desire and willingness to take ownership and control of complex projects;
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (candor, honesty);
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented;
• Adaptable negotiation style; and
• Passion for kids and family animated programming.