Paralegal, Kids & Family, Business and Legal Affairs
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix seeks an experienced Paralegal to handle a wide array of responsibilities related to the development, production and acquisition of Netflix's Kids and Family programming. This role will be primarily responsible for drafting, reviewing, preparing comments and negotiating a wide variety of legal documents, including development, talent and other production-related agreements, along with domestic and international licenses. The ideal candidate will have extensive entertainment business and/or legal affairs experience in television and/or film, and be willing to handle projects from beginning to end. The Kids and Family team is behind a variety of programming such as Alexa and Katie, Trollhunters, Free Rein, True and the Magic Kingdom and Boss Baby.
The candidate must have excellent drafting skills and must be comfortable coordinating among internal Netflix teams. The scope of the role will also include counseling and collaborating with internal and external business partners, producers, production counsel and production partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impact.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to grow within Netflix to help shape the future of entertainment. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
• At least 5 years of experience as a paralegal for a production company, studio or law firm, with direct experience handling above-the-line agreements;
• High level understanding of guild and union agreements, working with minors and other production-related labor issues;
• The ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to stay calm under pressure;
• A high level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Google Suite; and
• Paralegal certificate or JD.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
• Demonstrates good judgment, strong critical thinking skills and the desire and willingness to take ownership and control of complex projects;
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (candor, honesty);
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented;
• Adaptable negotiation style; and
• Passion for kids and family programming.