Originals Publicity Manager
Full Time Job
Originals Publicity Manager, Film - UK / IE
Do you live and breathe entertainment?
Are you a film publicity expert in the UK with an international curiosity and mind-set?
Do you enjoy strategizing publicity and promotional campaigns?
Do you re-evaluate publicity campaigns that you have worked on to appraise what you could have done differently or better?
With continued international expansion and a move into original content acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix. This is a great opportunity to join a team that is spearheading and handling publicity campaigns for the world's leading internet entertainment-on-demand service, with a chance to work on content that features high production value from the brightest filmmakers, comedians and actors around the world, using the latest technology.
The Originals Publicity Manager , Film- UK will be based in London and will work as part of the Originals Publicity team to formulate and implement strategy in the UK for the growing slate of Netflix Original content. The position will provide a critical link between agencies in the UK and Netflix in promoting Original content on the service. While the focus will be primarily on film, the role will also occasionally involve the promotion of Original Series content. It's the chance to be part of changing the entertainment landscape across the globe and to seize the opportunity to take different approaches in managing and executing promotional and publicity campaigns.
The Originals Publicity Manager, Film - UK will work across several different disciplines that bring Original series, films & documentaries to fruition here at Netflix. They will drive innovative UK publicity campaigns for our British Original films/ productions, whilst drawing on our incredible slate of international originals to drive our business in the UK. While this will be primarily across film titles, the ideal candidate will also be able to flex across TV series. They will independently formulate, and drive creative and executable ideas, communicate priorities and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their team members to do the same.
We are looking for a team member who is able to inspire and lead their fellow publicists; depending upon the successful candidate and the continued evolution of the team, the role may also evolve to include the management of a small team of senior, experienced publicists. The role will report to the Originals Publicity Director - UK.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and understand the market. They will also not be afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches; they will make tough decisions without agonising and will be candid and direct, even when that approach might be controversial. They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels and they thrive in an environment void of bureaucracy and layers.
The day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, formulating and implementing publicity strategies in the UK, writing press releases, managing set visit nominations, scheduling international junkets, liaising with journalists, talent representatives and talent, implementing screening strategy and managing agencies.
The successful candidate for the Originals Publicity Manager - UK role will likely:
• Have 8 years of experience in the film genre
• Possess a keen understanding of new and traditional media.
• Be able and willing to think on an international level
• Be able to understand and comfortably interpret business and technology issues.
• Be a clear and concise communicator
• Have excellent media relationships and experience executing a PR strategy and work well across disciplines to execute campaigns.
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment.
• Have experience managing agencies, be effective in dealing with talent, talent reps, journalists and other media influencers.
• Experience managing a team would be preferable
• Some international travel will be required.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• The ability to think innovatively - connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
• Succinct Communicator. Great writer and clear talker. Can organise, summarise, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately.
• Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• Pragmatic, organised and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organised.
• A smart minimalist. Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
• Has a Point of View. An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Pace moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once.
• Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short time frames.
• Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values. Motivated by what's best for Netflix.