Originals Publicity Manager, Kids & Family Film - EMEA
Full Time Job
Criteria for the job:
• A Kids & Family entertainment expert with 12 years of experience designing campaigns for multiple earned channels (traditional press, digital/social press, influencers, etc.)
• A strategist with experience successfully working with leaders from multiple disciplines to create fully integrated campaigns.
• Experience working with teams around the world, working in deep partnership on campaigns and narratives for multiple markets across EMEA.
• Experience working closely with internal executives, acting as a consultant on narrative development, prepping spokespeople, etc.
• Experience in talent and partner relations and an ability to convince our creative partners on the best communications approach for Netflix.
• Experience leading multiple publicity campaigns across Film (live action and animated) to ensure a high degree of collaborating with content and marketing/publicity countries team.
• Someone who has worked closely on Consumer Product campaigns to build integrated campaigns to support titles.
• A strong desire to partner and innovate with the Product team around parental controls, screen time and other innovations around the UI for kids
• Knowledge of working with EMEA legal rules and regs around K&F marketing and advertising.
• Experience working with third party organizations as part of advocacy campaigns
• Working in a data driven environment, ability to analyze trends through data is a plus.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• Ability to think innovatively and connect the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight.
• Succinct communicator.
• Great writer and talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Doesn't need to ''check with the agency'' on every issue or for every answer. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
• A smart minimalist. Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that. Does not need or desire big budgets for big results. Believes one great person on the team is more valuable than 3 to 5 OK people---and wants to be that great person.
• Has a Point of View - An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes.
The Netflix culture attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and curiosity. Read our culture memo if it resonates for you, Netflix might be the place where you can do your best work. .
It's an amazing time to join the Netflix Publicity team as we continue to transform entertainment. Over the past few years, we have launched global hit Film, films & documentaries, grown from a domestic tech company into a global leader in the entertainment landscape and evolved from a brand that markets price & value to one emphasising the joy of watching your favorite shows. If you are a passionate about Film, Film industry, creative storytelling, and seeking a challenge, we may have just the opportunity for the right person to join the EMEA Originals Publicity team!
There are few brands that offer what we do for parents - something for their kids to love, something for the entire family to watch together. The Originals Publicity Manager, Kids & Family Film - EMEA will build and lead a seasoned group of pan-EMEA Campaign managers helping formulate, execute, and sustain consumer brand building and industry relations strategies for the Netflix Kids & Family slate. The ideal candidate will be able to think consumer first to build our brand and slate with families, lead a team to support the industry needs as well as the EMEA territories needs, and not be afraid to get their hands dirty in some campaign work.