Originals Publicity Manager - Germany
Full Time Job
Do you live and breathe entertainment?
Are you an entertainment publicity expert in Germany with an international curiosity and mindset?
Do you enjoy strategizing publicity and promotional campaigns and re-evaluate campaigns that you have worked on to appraise what you could have done different or better?
If so, we may have just the opportunity for you:
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 109 million streaming members across the globe. With continued international expansion and a move into original content acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join the Netflix team.
The Originals Publicity Manager - Germany will be based in Amsterdam and will work as part of the EMEA Originals Publicity team to formulate and implement strategy in Germany for the growing slate of German and international Netflix Original titles. The candidate will report into the Publicity Country Lead Germany. The position will provide a critical link between German agencies and Netflix in promoting Original content on the service. It's the chance to be part of changing the entertainment landscape across the globe and to seize the opportunity to take different approaches in managing and executing promotional and publicity campaigns.
The Originals Publicity Manager - Germany will work across several different disciplines that bring Original series, films and documentaries to fruition here at Netflix. They will drive innovative publicity campaigns and collaborate with cross-functional partners for our German Originals, whilst drawing our incredible slate of international Originals to drive our business in Germany; the role may also involve working on pan-EMEA campaigns (or German Originals with pan-EMEA appeal). They will independently formulate, and drive creative and executable ideas, communicate priorities and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their team members to do the same.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and understand the market. They will also not be afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches; they will make tough decisions without agonizing and will be candid and direct, even when that approach might be controversial. They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels and they thrive in an environment void of bureaucracy and layers.
The day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, formulating and implementing German and pan-European publicity strategies, writing press releases, managing set visit nominations, scheduling local and international junkets, liaising with journalists, talent representatives and talent, implementing screening strategy and assisting with the management of agencies across Europe.
The successful candidate for the Originals Publicity Manager - Germany role will likely:
• Have 7-10 years of experience in a German entertainment PR setting - either agency, distributor or TV network - and a familiarity with the German festivals and awards space.
• Possess a keen understanding of new and traditional media.
• Be able & willing to think on an international level.
• Be able to understand and comfortably interpret business and technology challenges.
• Be a clear and concise communicatorHave excellent media relationships, experience managing agencies and the ability to deal effectively with talent, talent reps, journalists and other media influencers.
• Work well across disciplines to execute campaigns.
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment.
• Pack your bags because domestic and international travel is a requirement.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• The ability to think innovatively - connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
• Succinct Communicator. Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately.
• Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• Pragmatic, organized and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
• A smart minimalist. Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
• Has a Point of View. An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Pace moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once.
• Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
• Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
• An Adult. Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.