Originals Publicity Manager - Benelux
Full Time Job
Do you live and breathe entertainment?
Are you an entertainment publicity expert in Benelux with a Pan European curiosity & mind-set?
Do you enjoy strategizing publicity and promotional campaigns?
Do you re-evaluate publicity campaigns that you have worked on to appraise what you could have done different or better?
If so, we may have just the opportunity for you:
The Originals Publicity Manager - Benelux will be based in Amsterdam and will work as part of the Originals Publicity team to formulate and implement strategy in Benelux for the growing slate of Netflix Original content. The position will provide a critical link between agencies in Europe and Netflix in promoting Original content on the service. It's the chance to be part of changing the entertainment landscape across the globe and to seize the opportunity to take different approaches in managing and executing promotional and publicity campaigns.
The Manager will work across several different disciplines that bring Original series, films & documentaries to fruition here at Netflix. They will drive innovative publicity campaigns for our Benelux titles, whilst drawing on our incredible slate of originals to drive our business in the region. They will independently formulate, and drive creative and executable ideas, communicate priorities and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their team members to do the same. We are looking for a a team member who is able to inspire and lead their fellow publicists; depending upon the successful candidate and the continued evolution of the team, the role may also involve the management of a small team of senior, experienced European publicists. The role will report to Originals Publicity Manager - Nordics & Benelux.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and understand the Benelux media market as well as the entertainment industry across Europe. They will also not be afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches; they will make tough decisions without agonizing and will be candid and direct, even when that approach might be controversial. They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels and they thrive in an environment void of bureaucracy and layers.
The day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, formulating and implementing Benelux strategies, writing press releases, managing set visit nominations, scheduling international junkets, liaising with journalists, talent representatives and talent, implementing screening strategy and assisting with the management of agencies across Europe.
• The successful candidate for the Originals Publicity Manager - Benelux role will likely:
• Have 7-10 years of experience in a Benelux entertainment PR setting - either agency or TV network.
• Possess a keen understanding of new and traditional media.
• Be able & willing to think on a Pan-European level
• Be able to understand and comfortably interpret business and technology issues.
• Be a clear and concise communicator
• Have excellent media relationships and experience executing a PR strategy and work well across disciplines to execute campaigns.
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment.
• Have experience managing agencies, be effective in dealing with talent, talent reps, journalists and other media influencers.
• Experience managing a team would be preferable
• Pack your bags because domestic and international travel is a requirement.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• The ability to think innovatively - connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
• Succinct Communicator. Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately.
• Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• Pragmatic, organized and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
• A smart minimalist. Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
• Has a Point of View. An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Pace moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once.
• Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short time frames.
• Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with more than 125 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.