Master QC Specialist, Spain and Latin America
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading Streaming Content network with over 125 million members in 190 countries enjoying our originals like 13 Reasons Why, O Mechanismo and Academy Award winner Icarus. Netflix members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on Internet-connected screens.
The Master Quality Control team is essential to providing our customers with a great experience every time they play our content because we ensure the content delivered for the service is of the highest quality. As we continue to expand globally, our role is to maintain and elevate the high quality standards for our customers while building scale in our tools and workflows.
The SPLATAM Master QC Specialist will be responsible for ensuring Netflix customers across the world get the highest quality experience from our content's source video and audio files, with a focus on content originating in Latin America. They will do this through evaluating, enforcing and evolving quality standards for Audio and Video content, building vendor relationships, providing effective training, establishing and evaluating key metrics, and reacting appropriately when business needs or priorities shift.
The SPLATAM Master QC Specialist will be based in Los Angeles, CA.
• Partner with Internal and External Post Production teams to create and execute an efficient Quality Control testing plan
• Evaluate received Quality Control reports and advise on best course of action
• Build and maintain relationships with QC vendors throughout the world
• Partner with QC team and software engineers to innovate scalable solutions to QC workflows
• Analyze vendor metrics to identify trends, diagnose issues and reinforce quality standards to improve the customer experience
• Make sound, independent decisions, and know when to escalate issues
• Advocate, understand and communicate thecompany's values
• Fluency in English and Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, or both.
• 2-3 years of experience with digital post production, quality control or Video over IP delivery in the Entertainment industry or related field
• Strong expertise and experience regarding Audio and Video file formats
• Thorough working knowledge of metadata, video encoding, IMF packaging, audio and video mastering and their common failures or technical challenges.
• Adaptability and resiliency to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools and workflow
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to provide constructive feedback around practices, tools and methods.
• Attention to detail, organization, problem-solving, analytical and multitasking skills