Manager, Rights Management - EMEA
Full Time Job
With over 155 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our international efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more licensed and original content to our viewers everywhere.
The Rights Management team, based in Los Angeles, is looking for a Rights Manager to join its team and to be based out of Netflix's Amsterdam office. She/he will be responsible for analyzing contracts for owned and licensed content for Europe, Middle East & Africa and creating the distribution windows and rights information in Netflix's proprietary rights management system for titles launching on the Netflix service.
The successful candidate is proactive, detail-oriented, flexible, quick-thinking and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
• Manage, lead and scale a team in the growing EMEA market.
• Analyze and interpret agreements for owned and licensed content and accurately set up distribution windows and other rights attributes in our rights management system.
• Maintain high alignment with various cross-functional partners (Acquisitions, Legal, Title Operations, Marketing, Content Accounting, etc.) to manage all aspects of window set-up for the successful launch of titles on the Netflix Service.
• Strive for tool and process improvements/inventions for more impactful work.
• Identify operational inefficiencies and implement solutions.
• Collaborate with business partners to understand complex legal issues.
• Maintain high alignment with Rights Management team in Los Angeles and other regional offices.
• Leadership: you must have the ability to build and lead a team and to establish highly effective relationships with your cross-functional partners.
• Judgment: you must be able to think strategically, assess risk and make wise decisions.
• Prioritization and organization: you must be able to juggle time-sensitive requests from multiple business partners.
• Attention to detail: you must be able to manage a high volume of information with great accuracy.
• Strong analytical skills: you must be comfortable reading complex contracts for owned and licensed content and accurately extracting rights metadata.
• Strong problem-solving skills: you must be resourceful and collaborative in managing challenging tasks.
• Technology Savvy: you must be comfortable learning new tools quickly. Strong knowledge in Excel is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills: you must be able to distill information accurately and convey it to your business partners.
• Feedback: you must be able to provide and receive real-time, direct feedback with your colleagues.
• 5 years of experience in Sales, Sales Administration, and/or content rights management required
• Prior experience within a studio, streaming service, or TV/Film distributor highly preferred
• Fluency in English required
• Minimal travel required