Manager, Public Policy
Full Time Job
Manager, Public Policy - India
The Manager will be based in Delhi. They should have a bachelor's degree and at least eight years of legal, public policy, or research experience, which could include relevant graduate training or a legal degree. The Manager should be fluent in English. Experience working for a government agency, company, trade association, law firm, or research organization would be preferred.
The Manager's role will focus on public policy issues in India. Typically, the public policy team must understand and respond to issues in the following areas:
• Content, media and culture
• Telecommunications and internet policy
• Privacy and data security
• Intellectual property
• Commerce and payments
The Global Public Policy team has found that a working knowledge and experience in any of those technical areas would be a plus.
In general, the Manager will:
• Support and/or manage advocacy projects, working closely with the Director of Public Policy for India to research and write policy briefs, monitor legislative and regulatory initiatives.
• Represent Netflix before stakeholders, partners, and government officials.
• Maintain extensive relationships with Marketing, PR, BD and content acquisition partners inside the company in support of the above.
With over 130 million members in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to join Netflix. We are seeking a Manager of Public Policy for India to help with our continued expansion. The Manager will be a key member of India Public Policy team, both supporting other team members in defining and achieving and the company's public policy objectives and taking direct responsibility for a variety of projects related to those objectives.