Manager, Production Tax
Full Time Job
Manager, Production Tax (UK)
We are seeking a Manager, Production Tax (UK) to support the day-to-day tax operations of and provide tax planning and structuring support for Netflix's growing studio production business in London. This position will be based in our London office but will report into the Director, Production Tax Planning & Incentives based in the US. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a proven team leader with excellent organizational and communication skills, and will possess a strong attention to detail.
• Assist UK-based productions with all aspects of securing UK Film Tax Relief (FTR) on our original features, original series, and original animated productions
• Advise on all UK tax matters impacting production including corporate income taxes, VAT, PAYE, NIC and obligations arising under the Foreign Entertainers Unit (FEU)
• Assist the production finance and physical production teams with evaluating and obtaining available global production incentives, including providing support throughout the budgeting, application, audit, and monetization phases
• Provide international tax support and advice to the London based production teams, especially in regards to cross-border withholding, income and indirect taxation
• Coordinate with external tax advisors and internal tax compliance and financial reporting teams to review UK statutory accounts and tax returns, ensure UK incentive administrative compliance, and maximize internal UK tax credit/loss utilization
• Work closely with physical production, production finance, treasury, legal and business affairs across all production verticals on various business, tax and incentive planning matters
• Liaise with the content accounting team on financial reporting of the incentives
• Research complex UK tax issues and prepare technical memoranda
• Support the Global Policy team on UK production/incentive legislative enhancements and other UK economic policy initiatives
• Monitor and analyze existing and proposed UK tax legislation, and assist in defining and implementing appropriate international tax planning strategies
• Build and manage a local UK production tax team to help support in the execution of the responsibilities enumerated above
• We find that individuals who operate at the Senior Manager/Director level at a studio or public accounting/law firm are more likely to be suited to this unique challenge. If you fit this description and possess a strong passion for the filmed entertainment business, we'd love to talk to you!
• 8 to 10 years of UK tax consulting experience, including FTR experience, at a minimum
• Ability to work proactively and independently across multiple time zones required
• A career showcasing a focus on filmed entertainment preferred
• Significant UK production finance experience with specialized experience in pursuing FTR will be considered as well
• Law degree, CPA equivalent, and / or advanced degree in Taxation preferred
• International tax consulting experience across EMEA preferred
• Experience building and managing a team preferred
It's an exciting time to join Netflix with over 139 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. It's a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more.