Manager, Production Finance, Kids & Family Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Our members love content. In 2018, Netflix will spend billions of dollars on acquiring and producing content around the world in every window for every taste -- from brand new, never-before-seen Originals to timeless classics that are watched over and over again. In order to build the best service in the world, we look for the best and brightest to drive the analytics behind our strategic business decisions. Netflix operates a financially complex business and believes that it derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing the company.
The Manager of Production Finance for Kids and Family will be instrumental in creating and implementing the production finance goals of the Originals Kids and Family team. The goals include i) partnering with the senior creative, business and production team leaders to manage the investment through tactical and strategic solutions ii) providing accurate, timely and complete production budgets and estimated final costs iii) protecting company assets through cash management, policies and procedures and iv) providing shows with the production finance support to facilitate producing great content.
• Collaborate with Line Producers, Production Managers, Accounting Staff and the Netflix Originals team to deliver the highest quality original entertainment content.
• Research, develop and test new technologies that provide the next generation of production finance tools and determine how and when to best incorporate into the production accounting workflow.
• Hire the most talented production accounting teams with the skillset to provide the highest level of production accounting support on shows that are some of the most ambitious and complex to be ever produced. Accounting teams must be self –motivated, resourceful, dedicated, hard working, focused and strive for only the highest level of professional ethics, consistent mathematical accuracy and completeness, and embody the Netflix ethos.
• Liaise with Netflix HR, Labor Relations, Content Accounting, Internal Audit, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Treasury, IT to ensure production finance policies and procedures are current and effectively implemented on our productions.
• Prepare initial production budgets.
• Manage production incentive workflow and ensure receipt of tax credits or cash.
• Ensure that insurance claim costs are accurate and adequately supported by schedules, invoices and payroll documents.
• Manage the cash flow and funding processes.
• Review production budgets, cost reports, trial balances and petty cash reconciliations prepared by show accountants.
• Work with show accountants on a day to day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
• Identify problem area as quickly as possible including breakdown in communication between department heads, upm's, producers and accountants and minimal use of PO's.
• Develop relationships with Film Commissioners, CPA audit firms, Accountants, Producers and Payroll Companies to build resources and networks from which to poll industry information and help ensure all production finance processes are current, reasonable and timely.
• Facilitate the training and mentoring of junior production accounting staff on Netflix shows with the goal of increasing the pool of loyal ''star'' accounting candidates for future Netflix productions.
• Keep abreast of current and changing industry trends, evolving technologies, production incentives and changes in crew capacity and infrastructure support in the main worldwide production centers.
• Travel to production locations where our shows are filming to audit, review work flows, organizational abilities and effectiveness of accounting staff.
• Candidates must have 15 years in scripted television production accounting.
• Candidates must have 10 years working as a Lead Production Accountant on local and distant location major studio size productions.
• Broad understanding of production incentives.
• Solid understanding of payroll process, union labor agreements and tax requirements.
• Complete understanding of P2P process and tax requirements.
• Expert skill level of Movie Magic Budgeting and either Vista or PSL production accounting systems.
• College degree in accounting or finance from a well-known university is preferred.
• Proven ability to lead and manage a team.
• Solution focused.
• Ability to understand and articulate issues using creative, production or financial context.