Manager, Post Production
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Post Production Manager based in London to help manage the Documentaries vertical from a post perspective, establish and curate vendor and editorial crew relations, review budgets and support/suggest best practices for post from pre-production through delivery. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of post production for global Original Documentaries films, shorts, docu-series, and specials.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 117 million streaming members in 190 countries. With a global reach, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Technical Setup of Show
• Work with Production Technologies, Distribution and Localization teams, and external production & post team on defining key post workflows such as camera capture, HDR color pipeline, master delivery, and final archive - with a high emphasis on 4k and on multi-cam, live-to-tape workflows
• Set up workflow for internal reviews of content, cut views
• Manage communication of cut schedule to all key stakeholders
• Evaluate new technical initiatives and the applied viability on a project-to-project basis
• Work with Post Supervisors, Line Producers, and EIC's to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks
• Review creative and define post budget and strategy
• Collaborate with internal/external teams to lock budget
• Track & manage all post related costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
• Assess schedules and potential efficiencies.
• Inform on and draft post schedules when needed
• Collaborate with internal teams (including Distribution and Localization) & external production team to lock and manage schedule
• Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
• Review & approve facilities for graphics, VFX, animation, color, and sound
• Search for and approve and key hires (post producer, post supervisor, editors, assistant editors)
• Determine key post vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues
• Help maintain/curate preferred vendor list
• Help maintain/curate preferred staff list
• Set up and attend key creative approval sessions such as final mix playbacks, VFX reviews or color correction reviews
• Schedule and attend Netflix screenings, previews, premieres, etc. Collaborate with show post on setting up theater, arranging engineering when necessary, and rehearsing the content when applicable
• Assess and communicate all deliverables, ensuring prompt delivery and technical compliance
• BA/BS Degree
• 10 Years as a Head of Post or experienced Post Production Supervisor working on a freelance or staff basis, having worked with medium and high budget studio, major production company and network series and films
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both UHD/4K and HDR
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current post process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
• Working knowledge of UHD/4K cameras, UHD/4K workflows, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Resolve, Baselight, Nucoda, Pablo Rio, After Effects, ProTools, IMF, DCP
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.