Manager, Post Production - Original Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/7/2018 4:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Manager, Post Production - Original Series jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Post Production - Original Series postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Post Production - Original Series? We are seeking an experienced Post Production Manager to help manage the owned original series vertical from a post perspective, establish and curate vendor & editorial crew relations, review budgets and support/suggest best practices for post from pre-production through delivery. This position will report to Physical Production in Los Angeles. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of post production for our owned and licensed original series.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 117 million streaming members in 190 countries. With a global reach, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Technical Setup of Show
• Work with Studio Technologies, Post & external production team on defining key 4K dailies and post workflows such as camera capture, HDR color pipeline, master delivery, and final archive.
• Work with Post Supervisors to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks
• Review creative/scripts & begin defining post budget
• Collaborate with internal/external teams to lock budget
• Track & manage all post related costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of statusUpdate cost reports and trackers on a weekly basis
• Review & approve POs for key post budget items (i.e.: dub stage, DI facility, sound editorial) for Studio productions
• Create/Help inform and draft post scheduleCollaborate with internal teams (including Distribution and Localization) & external production team to lock schedule
• Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
• Lead or assist with search and hire of key show post staff
• Determine key post vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues
• Help maintain/curate preferred vendor list
• Set up and attend key creative approval sessions such as final mix playbacks, VFX reviews or color correction reviews
• Schedule and attend Netflix screenings, previews, premieres, etc. Collaborate with show post on setting up theater, arranging engineering when necessary, and rehearsing the content when applicable
• BA/BS Degree
• 10 Years as an experienced Post Production Supervisor on a freelance or staff basis having worked with medium and high budget studio, major production company and network series and films
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both HDR and 4K
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current post process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.