Manager, Post Production, International Originals - India
Full Time Job
Manager, Post Production, International Originals - India (Mumbai)
We are seeking an experienced Post Production Manager based in Mumbai to help manage both internal and third-party co-productions from a post perspective with both scripted and unscripted series. This person will establish and curate vendor and editorial crew relations, review budgets and support/suggest best practices for post from the moment content is collected through delivery.
This position will report to International Originals Post Production in Hollywood. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production with our International Originals team.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 148 million streaming members globally. With this international expansion and a move into International originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times.
This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. The role will focus on the local Post-Production market in one or more regions of India. The ideal candidate should be fluent in English and Hindi, and also be able to converse in one or more local market dialects.
• Technical Setup of ShowWork with Engineering Team, Post external production team on defining key post workflows such as camera capture, master delivery, final archive - mostly for 4K. Set up dailies workflow for show and manage access
• Work with local Post Supervisors to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks.
• Review creative/scripts & begin defining post budget and VFX scope
• Collaborate with internal/external teams to lock budget
• Track and manage all post related costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
• Update cost reports and trackers on a weekly basis
• Review and approve POs for key post budget items ( i.e.: dub stage, DI facility, sound editorial) for Studio productions
• Deal with the Bond company on delivery dates and budget concerns when applicable
• Post Scheduling
• Create/Help inform and draft post schedule
• Collaborate with internal teams (including Content Ops) & external production team to lock schedule
• Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
• Lead or assist with search and hire of key show post staff (post supervisor, VFX supervisor, editor, 1st assistant)
• Determine key post vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues.
• Help maintain/curate preferred vendor list
• Content Management
• Set up and attend key creative approval sessions such as final dub playbacks, VFX reviews or color correction reviews
• Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
• Schedule and attend Netflix screenings, previews, premieres, etc.
• Collaborate with show post on setting up theater, arranging engineering when necessary, and rehearsing the content when applicable
• BA/BS Degree
• 10 Years as an experienced Post Production Supervisor on a freelance or staff basis having worked with medium and high budget studio, major production company and network series and films
• Previous experience in a decision-making role, with control over post budgets, schedules, and negotiating vendor contracts.
• Ability to travel frequently to international post production offices
• Experience working with teams who do not speak English fluently
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both 4K, SDR and HDR
• Familiar with delivery mix arrays and specifications, such as 5.1 and Atmos
• Experience with IMF deliveries
• Knowledge of media transcoding and color-managed dailies
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current post process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task