Manager, Post Engineering, Animation
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As Netflix continues to produce amazing content all over the world, we are also focused on creating the best services, facilities, and experiences for our filmmakers. The Studio is building in-house Post Production Services for the exclusive use of our shows. The Post Production Services team is charged with the strategy, design, implementation, and operational management of our purpose-built facilities and vendor partnerships, providing bleeding-edge technology, workflows, and services to our filmmakers.
You will define the requirements for the support structure and technical specifications of our Offline Editorial, Dialogue Recording, and Screening facilities at our Animation Studios in Burbank and Hollywood, creating a focused and consistent model across the two sites. You will build out a team of highly skilled and communicative engineers to provide expertise and support to our productions and creative artists, ensuring our in-house facilities and specialist rooms are fully optimized and continue to evolve to meet the creative demands of our filmmakers.
This role will demand forming strong working partnerships with our other key engineering teams across the Studio and Product organizations to ensure optimum support to our filmmakers working in the Animation Studios, as well as the development and evolution of our internal tools, platforms, and technology initiatives. The candidate will have experience of collaborating closely with software developers and manufacturers, providing feedback and knowledge of real-world Animation Production challenges. They will have a deep understanding of the language and culture of product development, with the ability to provide context and perspective in a Research and Development capacity.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the smooth running of the technical infrastructure and operation on-premises at the Animation Studios
• Build out a team of top engineers to provide a Tier 1 on-site service to our Off-Line Editorial, Dialogue Recording, and Screening services, ensuring operational functionality, best practices, and evolution
• Define, refine and evolve the engineering and technology support structure, both for on-premise and off-premise requirements, with our specialist engineering teams in Studio and Product
• Provide real-world perspective, setting the context, parameters, and business requirements for our partners in the Studio and Product Teams to provide Tier 2 & 3 level of support
• Partner with other engineering stakeholder teams to develop and evolve tools, platforms, and workflows that meet the challenges and demands of the business in the future state
• Provide workflow expertise, knowledge, and guidance to our Animation filmmakers, content partners, and creative artists using our specialist rooms
• Ensure the network is optimized at the Animation Studios to business requirements at all times, partnering closely with our Tier 2 internal engineering teams to tightly define and refine responsibilities and SLAs to ensure smooth operational running.
• Provide on-site preventative maintenance and calibration to technical infrastructure to ensure optimum performance
• 10 years of experience in facility engineering and/or technology roles within Animation Post Production, Studio or Network
• Deep knowledge and experience of content creation and post-production workflows encompassing NLE, Dailies, Dialogue Recording, Color Science, Picture, and Audio mastering
• Strong relationships and hands-on knowledge of key Industry Manufacturers, their tools and software, such as Avid, Adobe Premiere, Black Magic Resolve, Baselight, ProTools, and Colorfront
• Experience with and ability to respectfully, but authoritatively, engage with creative executives and content creators
• Ability to manage and operate in ambiguous situations and think on your feet to solve challenges and problems
• Strong communication skills with proven ability to socialize, explain and ''sell'' new and complex technology, tools, and workflows
• Proven track record of innovation, initiative, ideation, and implementation
• Proven abilities to embrace, drive and enable change management
• Experience with instituting quality management frameworks and process improvement
• Experience working with diverse teams across multiple functions, skills, and locations
• Strong organizational skills with proactive mentality, positive orientation, and outlook
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely, or urgent mattersTeam-player who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented setting
• Ability to handle a heavy volume of work, supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace