Manager, Marketing Planning & Analysis
Full Time Job
Manager, Marketing Planning & Analysis - Korea
As Netflix continues to grow and expand, we are looking for a talented team member to support Marketing Planning & Analysis in Korea. Marketing leadership relies heavily on the Marketing Planning & Analysis team to inform important business decisions with actionable data-driven insights.
In this role, you will need to be highly analytical, a strong problem solver and effective communicator. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and focus on generating results.
The team needs a self-starter, who is able to work effectively, autonomously and drive projects with the APAC Marketing team and cross-functionally with Consumer Insights, Data Science & Engineering, Science & Algorithms, Payments, etc. You must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers.
The position is based in our Korea office in Seoul and involves close coordination with members of the APAC marketing team in both Asia and the US. You will report to the Director, Marketing Planning & Analysis for APAC, based in Singapore, and will be a key thought partner and go-to person for the Marketing Director of Netflix's Korean market, and the APAC Marketing VP.
About the Job
• Perform strategic value-added analyses around growth opportunities, marketing campaigns, media optimization, and core business metrics.
• Develop actionable digital analytics insights to increase campaign performance.
• Facilitate marketing planning and the allocation of the marketing budget, and manage in-quarter optimization and adjustments.
• Monitor subscriber acquisition and retention; analyze key predictors, identify trends and present actionable insights to the Marketing team.
• Develop insights to support our continued international expansion.
• Conduct market research, track and compile industry trends and competitive analysis to inform marketing strategies.
• You will autonomously lead projects from start to finish (i.e., identify areas of opportunity, structure analyses, gather data, generate insights and communicate findings, influence and help partners and stakeholders with execution).
• A successful candidate will have a strong track record of identifying key questions, connecting the dots, performing analyses independently, and communicating findings in a clear and concise way. He/she must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers.
• 4-7 years of experience in a highly analytical environment - top management consulting firm, corporate planning and/or analysis in an entertainment/digital media company, or similarly demanding environment in which modeling and strategic thinking and analyses are performed.
• Proven track record and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including great Excel skills.
• Strong capabilities for crafting and presenting analyses and insights to senior executives.
• History of self starting initiatives and an enthusiasm for creating their own work.
• International experience a plus; you are enthusiastic about working with our partners in both Asia and the US.
• Top-tier education; MBA a plus (or equivalent years of relevant experience).
• Prior work experience in Media/Entertainment industry or working in/with Marketing a plus (digital marketing analytics experience a strong plus).
• Fluency in Korean and English.