Manager, Licensing, Merchandising, and Partner Marketing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is changing the way more than 117 million subscribers around the world enjoy entertainment. With continued international expansion and ongoing production across the globe, it's a great time to join Netflix.
Reporting to the Senior Counsel, Marketing and Merchandising, this role will have broad responsibility supporting the global Licensing Merchandising team and the Partner Marketing teams for the Americas. The successful candidate will review studio and talent agreements to extract and synthesize information necessary to guide the Licensing Merchandising team as they develop their products and programs. S/he will also assist the Partner Marketing and Licensing Merchandising teams in negotiating and finalizing basic agreements (e.g., IP license agreements, licensee/vendor agreements, releases, agency/vendor agreements), and will provide guidance on contractual and talent obligations for consumer products and partner marketing. S/he will be responsible for managing the tracking and/or organization of licensing and merchandising and partner marketing agreements, as well as other rights and restrictions on content. In addition, s/he will partner with our business teams in evaluating and implementing new technologies that provide the next generation of - contract administration and rights management tools.
The successful candidate will have a BA/BS degree and 6 years of licensing and merchandising and/or entertainment marketing experience. Great flexibility, and the ability to manage a large number of agreements and to work cross-functionally with minimal supervision are essential. Strong in-house experience in an entertainment company or entertainment-focused consumer products company is strongly preferred. Experience with kids consumer products is preferred. S/he will always seek to innovate, and will thrive in a culture that places thoughtful efficiency over process, yet will have the ability to work with organizations or institutions that may not hold the same beliefs.
What we want from you:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Capable of asking questions and seeking information cross-functionally and at all levels of the business.
• Proactive and curious. Able to move quickly to action.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment. You are comfortable evaluating risk and have the confidence to make quick decisions.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to pivot quickly and fluidly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Strong organizational and project management skills. A track record of consistently going above and beyond what is expected and delivering projects on schedule.
• Experience working in a global company and doing international (not simply global) deals.
• Skill at identifying priorities.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• Spanish or Portuguese a plus.