Manager, Creative Marketing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Creative Marketing (Global Comedy Series)
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. With 125 million streaming members in more than 190 countries, our approach to marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms and break new ground through innovative, culturally relevant, breakthrough campaigns. We are actively promoting our original, exclusive content that is core to everything we do.
We are looking to fill an integral role on the creative marketing team for a Manager of Creative Marketing, Global Comedy Series. This is a great opportunity to join a team that leads the development and launch of innovative campaigns promoting a diverse range of original series.
This role is unique. So is the right candidate.
In this role, you will be a key contributor and leader in strategizing, executing and managing marketing/social launch campaigns for comedy series, including both live-action and adult animation series. This role focuses specifically on leveraging the unique nature of our comedy slate to develop unexpected and standout campaigns that defy the norm in entertainment marketing. Experience with talent relations is a must. You will be a member of a small, seasoned and nimble group of professionals based in the Hollywood office, reporting to the Creative Marketing Lead on comedy series.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a proven track record of building world-class creative and launching campaigns for premium entertainment properties that connect consumers to entertainment brands and create a passionate following. We are not only building campaigns, we are transforming our properties into culturally relevant brands.
• Has deep knowledge in running a 360-campaign, from strategy development to tactical execution (including AV/trailers, digital/social, print and out-of-home).
• Has a deep knowledge of the social media landscape, including a strong understanding not only of their features and technology, but of the new consumer behaviors emerging everyday.
• Has experience creating impactful, out-of-the-box social media strategies that nurture and encourage fandom and leverage the social space in new and unexpected ways.
• Is a cross-functional leader who is able to engage, listen and collaborate with internal departments/teams to align early on in terms of overall strategy and goals, and to see the cross-functional collaboration through launch.
• Is able to effectively communicate different facets of their campaigns to executives, showrunners, talent and talent representatives (as needed).
• Has exposure to working on global campaigns, with reach domestically and internationally. Ideally, this person would have a global IQ and/or are familiar with working with teams from different regional markets.
• Has a good understanding of marketing, social and media analytics and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns.
• Has a native understanding of digital with an emphasis on mobile, social, video and display and an ability to tell stories through great ideas regardless of medium.
• Appreciates technology and can collaborate with our world class product team to integrate our multi-title campaigns within the member product experience.
• Is an effective collaborator in a fast paced, multifaceted environment. We will typically have multiple campaigns happening at once.
• Lead day-to-day on upcoming global series launch campaigns -- from strategy development to creative execution, production and community management.
• In conjunction with the Creative Marketing Lead - Global Comedy Series, collaborate on strategy around entertainment properties and execute based on the strategy.
• Act as the central cross-functional liaison amongst internal teams (across region-based Marketing teams, Consumer PR, Publicity, Product and Social), with a focus on managing workflow and being able to socialize, absorb, organize and address cross-functional feedback (where possible)
• Act as the main point of contact with agencies - giving feedback to agencies based on internal conversations (being willing to experiment when warranted).
• Shepherd scope, budget, and overall campaign resources.
The successful candidate possesses:
• A minimum 6 years of experience at an entertainment marketing or social department, network/studio marketing/social team, or creative agency working on global campaigns and building communities (in strategy, Digital, Print and AV creative).
• Experience managing a high volume of campaign types in parallel, while collaborating with diverse, geographically-dispersed teams.
• Strong communication and analytical skills along with the ability to think strategically and creatively and a reasonable appreciation for the unknown.
• International experience (or experience in working with international teams) preferred.
• University Degree, Post Graduate qualifications in related field preferred.
• Passion for television and movies is a must.
• See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
• You are a proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do and will be resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of the business - especially when bridging the gap between our content and our brand - and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• You are a natural team leader, with the ability to conceptualize and articulate creative strategy and production that all will rally around.
• You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!
• You are able to make wise and informed decisions, even when faced with ambiguity and thinks strategically.
• You are an avid user of both your left and right brain. If you live and breathe global entertainment and geek out at the thought of breaking the advertising mold, then we want to talk to you.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.