Manager, Global Creative Marketing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Global Creative Marketing (Series - Drama)
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. With over 100 million streaming members in over 190 countries, our approach to Marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms and break new ground through innovative, culturally relevant, breakthrough campaigns. We are actively promoting our original, exclusive content that is core to everything we do.
We are looking to fill the integral role of Manager, Global Creative Marketing working on Global Series. This is a great opportunity to join a team that leads the development and launch of innovative marketing campaigns across a diverse range of Original Series.
This role is unique. So is the right candidate.
In this role, you will lead the strategization, execution and management of 360 campaigns (AV, social, key art, and beyond) for a range of series -- primarily from our drama, sci-fi, and adult animation slates. You will be a member of a small, seasoned and nimble group of professionals based in the Hollywood office, reporting to the Global Creative Marketing Lead, Global Series - Drama.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a proven track record of building world-class creative and launching global campaigns for premium entertainment properties that foster passionate communities of fans. We are not only building campaigns--we are transforming our properties into culturally relevant franchises.
• Has deep knowledge in running a 360-campaign, from strategy development to tactical execution (including AV/trailers, digital/social, print and out-of-home).
• Has meaningful experience working directly with talent and talent representation.
• Has a deep understanding of the social media landscape: community building and management, platform best practises and consumers (social) media behaviors.
• Has experience in establishing strong and out of the box social media strategies that build, nurture and maintain strong fan communities and manifest themselves in unique tone of voices and cultural relevant and conversation driving creative.
• Is passionate about the action and sci-fi space and is an active part of this very vocal and engaged community.
• Is a cross-functional leader who is able to engage, listen and collaborate with internal departments/teams to align early on overall strategy and goals. This candidate should be able to see the cross-functional collaboration through launch.
• Is able to effectively communicate different facets of their campaigns to executives, showrunners, talent and their representatives.
• Has exposure to working on global campaigns, with reach domestically and internationally. Ideally, this person comes with a global IQ and/or is comfortable working with teams from different regional markets.
• Has a good understanding of marketing, social and media analytics and can apply data to the testing and optimization of campaigns.
• Has a native understanding of digital with an emphasis on mobile, social, video and display and is confident telling stories through great ideas regardless of medium.
• Appreciates technology and can collaborate with our world class product team to integrate our campaigns into the member product experience.
• Is an effective collaborator in a fast paced, multifaceted environment. We will typically have multiple campaigns launching at once.
• Own day-to-day responsibilities for launching campaigns of upcoming global series -- from strategic development to creative execution, production and community management.
• In partnership with the Global Creative Marketing Lead - Global Series - Drama, collaborate on creation and execution of title strategy.
• Act as the central cross-functional liaison among internal teams (regional Marketing teams, Consumer PR, Publicity, Product and Social), with a focus on managing workflow; socialize, absorb, organize and implement feedback from cross-functional partners.
• Act as the main point of contact with agencies - provide feedback and guidance to agencies partners.
• Oversee and determine scope, budget, and overall campaign resources.
The successful candidate possesses:
• A minimum 6 years of experience at an entertainment marketing or social department, network/studio marketing/social team, or creative agency working on global campaigns and building communities (candidates with backgrounds in strategy, digital, print, AV and/or social creative are welcome).
• Experience managing a high volume of campaigns; international experience (or experience in working with international teams) preferred.
• Strong communication and analytical skills as well as the ability to think strategically
• A formidable creative sensibility and a drive to take (thoughtful and well-informed) risks.
• A passion for television and movies (this is a must).
• See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
• You are a proactive self-starter who does not need to be told what to do and when to do it. You will find solutions to any challenge and is not afraid to get your hands dirty.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of the business - especially when bridging the gap between our content and our brand. You have an entrepreneurial mindset.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• You are a natural leader, with the ability to conceptualize and articulate creative strategy that all will rally around.
• You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!
• You are an avid user of both your left and right brain.
If you live and breathe global entertainment and geek out at the thought of breaking the advertising mold, then we want to talk to you.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.