Manager, Global Creative Marketing - Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. With over 130 million streaming members in over 190 countries, our approach to Marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms and break new ground through innovative, culturally relevant campaigns.
We are looking to fill the role of Manager, Global Creative Marketing working on Global Series. This is an incredible opportunity to join a team that leads the development and launch of creative marketing campaigns across a diverse range of Original Series.
This role is unique. So is the right candidate.
In this role, you will be leading 360 marketing and social campaigns for a wide variety of new and returning series within our Drama vertical. You will execute campaigns from strategic development through creative execution, overseeing all phases and touchpoints on a global scale. You will be a member of a small, seasoned and nimble group of professionals based in the Hollywood office, reporting to the Global Creative Marketing Lead, Global Series - Drama.
The ideal candidate:
• Has a proven track record of building world-class creative and leading global campaigns for premium entertainment properties or brands. We are not just building one-off campaigns - we are transforming our titles into culturally relevant franchises.
• Has deep experience in overseeing multiple concurrent 360 campaigns (including AV/trailers, digital/social, print and out-of-home) in conjunction with agency partners.
• Is a strategic thought leader who has a background crafting go-to-market strategies with broad consumer appeal. An understanding of the entertainment landscape and target audiences is a necessity.
• Has meaningful experience working directly with talent and talent representation, in meetings and on shoots/sets. You'll be presenting our marketing plans to showrunners, producers, talent, and executives. You should be a strong presenter; confident and collected.
• Has a strong global IQ and is comfortable working with teams from different regional markets.
• Is a storyteller with strong creative instincts and a passion for innovation. Someone who is able to tell an engaging, cohesive story across a wide variety of platforms and placements.
• Has a thorough understanding of the social media landscape: building and managing fan communities, platform best practices, and consumer behavior.
• Is a cross-functional leader who is able to engage, listen and collaborate with both internal and external teams to align early on overall strategy and goals.
• Has a good understanding of marketing and social media analytics and can apply a data-centric approach to the testing and optimization of campaigns.
• Is an open and effective collaborator in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. We will typically have multiple campaigns launching at once.
• Develop and lead creative campaign launches for upcoming global Drama series - from strategic development through to execution and production.
• Act as the central cross-functional liaison among internal teams (international Marketing teams, Publicity, Development & Production, Netflix Platform team and more), implementing feedback from cross-functional partners and socializing creative.
• Act as the main point of contact with agencies - provide creative feedback and guidance to a variety of agency partners.
• Determine and oversee scope, budget, and overall campaign resources.
The successful candidate possesses:
• A minimum 10 years of experience at an entertainment marketing or social media agency, network/studio marketing/social team, creative agency or brand leading global campaigns and building communities (candidates with backgrounds in strategy, digital, print, AV and/or social creative are welcome).
• International experience (or experience in working with international teams) preferred.
• Experience managing a high volume of campaigns and juggling multiple projects at once.
• Strong communication and analytical skills as well as the ability to think strategically.
• A formidable creative sensibility and a drive to take informed risks, experiment, and change the landscape.
• A passion for television and film (this is a must).
• See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
• You are a proactive self-starter who does not need to be told what to do and when to do it. You find creative solutions to challenges and you're not afraid to get your hands dirty.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of the business. You have an entrepreneurial spirit.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate confident judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• You are a natural leader who has the ability to conceptualize and articulate creative strategy that all will rally around.
• You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge.
• You're a strong communicator, a selfless team player, and a generous colleague. No brilliant jerks!
If you live and breathe entertainment and geek out at the thought of breaking the global advertising mold, then we want to talk to you.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.