Manager, Global Creative Marketing - Original Films
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. With over 130 million streaming members in over 190 countries, our approach to Marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms and break new ground through innovative, culturally relevant, breakthrough campaigns. We are actively promoting our original, exclusive content that is core to everything we do.
We're looking for those creative, self-starter, innovative mold-breaker types looking to fill an integral role on the global creative marketing team for a Manager of Global Creative Marketing, Films. In this role, you would lead the development and launch of innovative marketing and social campaigns across a diverse range of Studio and Indie films covering a range of international genres: romantic comedies, epic dramas, VFX spectacles and everything in-between. This is a great opportunity to be on the ground floor of a team that is challenging the film industry and re-defining how film can be enjoyed and celebrated by consumers globally.
This role is unique. So is the right candidate.
In this role, you will be a key contributor of the team strategizing, executing and managing marketing and social launch campaigns for a variety of Film properties. You will be a member of a growing, seasoned and nimble group of professionals based in our Hollywood office, reporting to the Director of Global Creative Marketing, Films.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a strong creative disposition and can demonstrate a proven track record of building world-class creative -- launching global campaigns that connect consumers to entertainment brands and create a passionate following.
• Has a passion for Film and the changing landscape of the film industry. This is a quickly-growing space within the company, and we're looking for people who live and breathe this world.
• Has deep knowledge in running a creative campaign, from strategy development to tactical creative execution (including AV/trailers, digital/social, print and out-of-home) -- especially around content-based campaigns. In particular, it's important to have a native understanding of digital with an emphasis on mobile, social, video and display and an ability to tell stories through great ideas regardless of medium.
• Is a cross-functional leader who is able to engage, listen and collaborate with internal departments/teams to align early on in terms of overall strategy and goals, and to see the cross-functional collaboration through launch.
• Is able to effectively communicate different facets of their campaigns to executives, showrunners/filmmakers, talent and talent representatives.
• Has exposure to working on global campaigns, with reach domestically and internationally. Ideally, this person would have a global IQ and/or are familiar with working with teams from different regional markets.
• Has a good understanding of marketing and social media analytics and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns.
• Has a hunger to learn new areas of marketing and social, in this ever-evolving digital landscape.
• Is an effective collaborator in a fast paced, multifaceted environment. We will typically have multiple launch campaigns happening at once.
• A little bit of je ne sais quoi. An X factor, if you will. Our team is diverse. With a mix of backgrounds including journalism, video production, digital marketing, PR, brand, entertainment, social news, and agency experience, we're always looking for people that add to the broader team's skillset.
• Lead and develop culturally relevant and impactful global campaigns that connect with consumers, focused specifically around a growing slate of diverse film properties in the Studio and Indie space.
• Act as the central cross-functional liaison amongst internal teams (across region-based Marketing teams, PR, Global Brand Editorial, Marketing Ops ), with a focus on managing workflow and being able to socialize, absorb, organize and address cross-functional feedback at a global scale.
• Act as the main point of contact with agencies - giving feedback to agencies based on internal conversations (being willing to experiment, take risks and think differently).
• Serve as main point-of-contact for filmmakers and talent representatives to steer creative through approvals and communicate overall campaign goals.
• Shepherd scope, budget, and overall campaign resources from inception to finishing.
• A minimum 5-8 years of entertainment marketing or social media agency, network/studio marketing/social team.creative agency, brand or gaming leading global campaigns and building communities - candidates with backgrounds in strategy, digital, print, AV and/or social creative are welcome.
• A strong creative sensibility with the drive to take informed risks and evolve with a changing industry landscape.
• International experiences (or experience with working with international teams) is preferred.
• Experience managing a high volume of campaigns with multiple internal and consumer touchpoints at once.
• Strong communication and analytical skills, as well as the ability to think strategically.
• A passion for film is a must.
• See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
• You are a proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do and will be resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and wear multiple hats.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of the business - especially when bridging the gap between our content and our brand - and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• You are a natural team leader, with the ability to conceptualize and articulate creative strategy and production that all will rally around.
• You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!
• You are able to make wise and informed decisions, even when faced with ambiguity and think strategically.
• You are an avid user of both your left and right brain. If you live and breathe global entertainment and geek out at the thought of breaking the advertising mold, then we want to talk to you.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.