Manager, Global Creative Marketing, Anime - Japan
Full Time Job
With over 117 million streaming members worldwide, Netflix has been on the leading edge of a deep transformation in the entertainment business. Powered by a work culture that's focused on high performance and continuous improvement, this is a great opportunity to join a team that is spearheading the global marketing campaigns for the world's biggest Internet TV network, serving 190 countries.
Originals anime content is core to our ongoing global success, and to support this global expansion we are quickly growing our slate of anime originals. These originals are produced in local language, using local production companies and talent. We believe that creating local original content will help us delight and win over local audiences while also building love for Netflix around the world.
We are looking for an experienced marketing executive to join the team responsible for the strategic and creative development of our Japan originals marketing campaigns for anime content. This team is based in our Tokyo office, but you will be a part of the global creative team that sits in Los Angeles. Because this role requires close interaction and collaboration with various cross-functional teams in Los Angeles, Los Gatos, Tokyo, Mumbai, Amsterdam and Singapore, frequent international travel is a must.
Who are you?
• You have a proven track record of building impactful, world-class 360 creative campaigns that connect with audiences and break through the cultural zeitgeist.
• You are a natural leader with an ability to build strategic foundations, conceptualize campaign approaches and articulate creative ideas that people rally around.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, possess a high level of emotional IQ and intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment and decision making skills in the face of ambiguity.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of digital marketing innovation, and strive to create impactful and effective visual storytelling on mobile, paid social, and all other mediums/platforms.
• You love TV and film content and have deep knowledge of the anime industry and media trends both in Japan and globally.
• You are a connoisseur of trailers, key art and digital/social media and have solid experience developing strategic insights to inform 360 creative marketing campaigns.
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are eager flourish in our unique company culture (see Who We Are).
What will you do?
• Play a key role in building strategy and creative campaigns (e.g. positioning, key art visuals, trailers & other AV assets, digital creative) for the launch of anime originals.
• Partner closely with regional marketing teams to develop authentic campaigns that are built on regional insights and connect with local audiences.
• Write creative briefs to guide the global creative process and align internal marketing teams on goals and overall strategies.
• Project management of campaign cross-functional initiatives including (but not limited to) leading, organizing, mobilizing and planning internal task force meetings and brainstorm sessions and external filmmaker kickoffs/presentations.
• Demonstrate mastery of verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills, as you will lead meetings and manage workflow with many internal and external stakeholders/partners.
• Participate in and/or lead lively debates and discussions as you communicate different facets of the campaign to filmmakers, talent and colleagues across the company.
• Collaborate with our world class product/engineering team to integrate our originals marketing campaigns within the member product experience.
• 5 years of experience in building strategic and creative consumer marketing campaigns, preferably with a background in entertainment (TV, film, gaming), global lifestyle brand or creative/advertising agency.
• Marketing experience in the anime industry or with anime content is preferred.
• A history of team leadership and cross-functional collaboration with both internal and external partners.
• Native understanding of digital advertising (direct video, mobile, paid social, display, rich media, VOD) with strong grasp of marketing / media analytics and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns.
• Fluency in English and Japanese is mandatory.
• Strong interpersonal, creative, presentation, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, analytical and conflict resolution skills